Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have the ATT 8310. I would normally get good EDGE everywhere I go from ... BlackBerry Curve forum

mongoose720 no está en línea Stack level 2

Service Issues

Advertisement

I have the ATT 8310. I would normally get good EDGE everywhere I go from my apartment to work. I woke up this morning in the apartment and only had two bars of EDGE that went in and out. Then I only started getting two bars of GSM. When I went outdoors i briefly had full EDGE but that faded to GSM. I did a battery pull and currently only have the SOS sign. Please help!!!

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Service Issues

It doesn't sound like a BB issue. It sounds more like a carrier tower issue. Contact your carrier and ask if they are having network issues in your area.

It now works, but the EDGE symbol in the upper right corner is now in lower case....does that mean anything?

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

yes, it means that you don't have full EDGE.
    power the blackberry off -- leave off for a minute or so, then power back on (using the power button, hold it down til you get the 'turning off' window)

this allows for it to reconnect with the network and signal. lavagirl told me to do this once a week, i have been religiously and it has been working great

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo View Post
    yes, it means that you don't have full EDGE.
    power the blackberry off -- leave off for a minute or so, then power back on (using the power button, hold it down til you get the 'turning off' window)

this allows for it to reconnect with the network and signal. lavagirl told me to do this once a week, i have been religiously and it has been working great

also allows you to receive necessary data updates from ATT.
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

I left it off for three minutes...still have the lower case edge

PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Then as doughdaddy says in post #2 it sounds like a tower/carrier issue. This happens from time to time.
    I would try logging in to your BIS and resend your service books and you can also re-register to the network:\
    on BB - go to Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table>hit menu>Register now.

That might bring it back, but if it goes out again, it's definitely the network and you'll just have to be patient and wait till it comes back up.
    The good part about you powering down is you were able to receive important data updates from your carrier.

Alright well i got a message that said I was registered, and i resent the service books, but still lower case...this isnt permanent is it?

PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Nope won't be permanent. If you still see it beyond a few hours tomorrow it wouldn't hurt to give your carrier a call. Sometimes they need to reset things on their end. But the first thing you need to ask is if there are any data service outages in your area and if not proceed to report your issue. Don't worry it will come back up

Thank you very much for your help! I'll let you know if I still have problems tomorrow, though i'm sure at that point it will be out of any of our controls!

PIN/ID
    AoleLava

NP Good luck and let us know how it goes!

As of now I still am with the lowercase edge. I'm just leaving work so I guess ill call from home.

PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Definitely give them a call.

The ATT rep was amazed that i was still receiving emails and browsing with the edge in lowercase. He said I would have to reinstall the OS which is up to date i think....4.2.2.170, or I could try leaving the battery out for an hour... Any suggestions?

PIN/ID
    AoleLava

For one, ATT rep's normally don't provide accurate tech support. It's usually best to ask for the BlackBerry tech support department. However you are at the right place here. The main reason I asked you to call them was to see if there were EDGE issues. If there aren't, I would definitely try resending your service books again, re-registering your HRT and also try doing a battery pull, make sure to power down first, then remove the battery - reinsert after 30 seconds.

If none of this works, last resort is you can try an OS reinstall/upgrade. Will link you on that if none of the above works.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast