Hi all Today i screwed my service book on BB 8300 .Actualy i followed steps ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Igorcule no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    252ABF62

Service book question

Advertisement

Hi all
    Today i screwed my service book on BB 8300 .Actualy i followed steps for instalation RIM IM and loaded Service Book and i lost my internet icon from desktop screen and from switch application option,when i try to launch it says that i need to set up web wap config.

From what i know that can be easily done through BIS,but unfortunatly i yet dont have it.Curently im on prepaid coupons on t mobile,and im not using BB prepaid,just usual data transfer through my mobile service (5 mb).Im planing to take BB service in 3 months,until then im using this option.

I also tryed from BB options-->advanced options-->Host routing table-->register but no avail.It says "message has sent" but nothing happens.I need fresh and clear service book for my wap inet.How to solve this?

I called my mobile operator and they said i need to shut down BB and unplug batterie atleast 15 min,i tryed that also,but no success.Do i need to reset device through desktop manager or wipe handheld ?

Thanx

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Service book question

I'm confused...so do you have a Blackberry Data Plan? Have you tried re-sending your service books from your TMO account?

See this thread #13 for directions: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...on_issues.html

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by Igorcule View Post
    ...From what i know that can be easily done through BIS,but unfortunatly i yet dont have it.Curently im on prepaid coupons on t mobile,and im not using BB prepaid,just usual data transfer through my mobile service (5 mb).Im planing to take BB service in 3 months,until then im using this option....
    The only thing you can do is get a BlackBerry data plan (not regular data plan, those are for cell phones not BlackBerries).
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

PIN/ID
    252ABF62

Ah,sry,i didn't explained very well.I don't have Blackberry Data Plan yet,curently im using Web'n'walk option from t mobile.

Problem is i don't have nothing registred in my service book,it's kinda empty .So i lost browser icon,and i cant access internet anymore.Until i didn't screwed that,i used normaly BB browser and surfed through BB phone.

PIN/ID
    317ASKME

it could be gone because T-mobile realized you do not have the proper plan also... might not be from you doing anything with it. Carriers do audit accounts from time to time.

PIN/ID
    252ABF62

Not really,web'n'walk is standard option.I can buy coupons in trafic that worth 10 $,then i add that amount to my sim card and then for 2 $ i can buy 5 MB of data to surf through phone by sending a sms message.Really easy.Thats called web'n'walk option.

U don't need to have prepaid.(Ofcourse,Blackbarry prepaid is something else,whitch im planing to take very soon)

In other word how to restore my internet back?

PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by Igorcule View Post
    Not really,web'n'walk is standard option.I can buy coupons in trafic that worth 10 $,then i add that amount to my sim card and then for 2 $ i can buy 5 MB of data to surf through phone by sending a sms message.Really easy.Thats called web'n'walk option.

U don't need to have prepaid.(Ofcourse,Blackbarry prepaid is something else,whitch im planing to take very soon)

In other word how to restore my internet back?
    you already answered your question. What you have is NOT for the BlackBerry, you already said you know there is a different plan for BlackBerry... that is how you get the Internet back. It should not have been on your device before so not sure how you had it - just consider it was accident and be happy. You MUST get the BlackBerry data plan

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53

Cliff is right, what most people are missing is you are paying RIM for access to their system, of course TMO gets some of the money, but to get the Service books, they have to come from RIM.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

PIN/ID
    252ABF62

I found it.I just need to wipe handheld and all returned to factory defaults.I can't wait to get BB prepaid