Why is it when I have full reception and as soon as I surf the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

cobrabite no está en línea Stack level 2

service

Advertisement

Why is it when I have full reception and as soon as I surf the web all of my bars of service go away?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    That makes no sense...and how can you see the bars when you're surfing? No disrespect - I'm trying to understand what you're seeing.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    I can see my service bars as well. John, there is a key you can hit to make that top bar go away on the Curve...can't remember what it is off of the top of my head...m or k or something...

But I don't know why your bars would drop cobra, are still able to navigate the web okay or do you lose service?

If you hit the "U" key you can see it. Yeah my web slows down.

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Maybe the signal bar indicator was just giving false perception... I've seen similar on a lot of nokias... You think there's coverage, go to make a call n the bars drop... Does this happen to you on calls too?

No just during web browsing.

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Have you tried an OS upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by cobrabite View Post
    ................Yeah my web slows down.
    How slow is slow - has it ever been a different speed. I guess what I'm getting at is what are you comparing your slow web response to? How many seconds does a specific site take to load. Post one or two with the response times so we'll have an idea.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

I have a Sprint 8330. When I got the phone it had os 4.3. I would d/l at around 100 Kb/s. Now I'm running .131. And now I barely get 50 Kb/s.

I can't even guess if this is a Sprint issue or not - I'd suspect the OS since your BB was working fine before the upgrade. If you don't have any clues or know what to do next, I'd change something. For example, do you have time to uninstall your current OS and try to install .127? You can download it here. Just select 8330 and go from there. (Be sure to delete the vendor file before installing to your phone.)

If not that I'd go back to 4.5 and see if the problem goes away. Post back what you try and the results.