Hello, I attempted to upgrade my OS from 4.3 to 4.5 to no avail. I ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Cracked Out no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Pls!

Serious Help Needed with 4.5 OS Install

Advertisement

Hello,

I attempted to upgrade my OS from 4.3 to 4.5 to no avail. I downloaded 4.6 English with media DM and got a error 1904 but it opened up and began installing files. It hung there for about 30 minutes when loading the net rim media engine cod file so I interrupted it. Now my phone has an app error 205 and the only option is to reset and it continuously does this. I uninstalled DM 4.6 and installed 4.5. I can't get it to recognize my phone but it asks for the password. I also, downloaded 4.5 OS. I need help. Any suggestions. I'm getting tired and frustrated.

Is it necessary to complete handheld wipe of the OS system before installing the new one?

Do I have to delete the vendor file before connecting to DM since I'm using my carrier's (Sprint) official OS upgrade?

Can I use 4.3 DM with 4.5 OS?

caboose06 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    GoGrEEn!
    so why did you interupt it? all guides on the stacks say specifically not to interupt the process... you need to have DM 4.6 its works the best for the 4.5 OS. how many OS's are installed on your computer? if you have more then one OS installed it will not work. try unistalling DM 4.5 and Installing 4.6, hopefully it will recognize the device and you can try the process again. i had a similar problem with the hang up when i updated, I just put the password in to the actual phone and started loading again, try that.
    Last edited by caboose06; 04-10-2009 at 11:38 PM.

PIN/ID
    Ask Pls!
    I stopped it because it wasn't doing anything, it was completely frozen. I only have the 4.5.0.131 OS installed on my computer.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Ok. Here goes. (I'm tired so its coming from mem)

Remove a mem card if you have it in there.

Go to programs/common files/RIM/apploader.exe

See if that will allow you to connect to the berry and start the install. Post back as soon as you can.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

caboose06 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    GoGrEEn!
    it could have "froze" because of your device itself not being unlocked, like it did when I updated. in which case just unlocking the device will resume the process.

PIN/ID
    Ask Pls!
    Quote Originally Posted by caboose06 View Post
    it could have "froze" because of your device itself not being unlocked, like it did when I updated. in which case just unlocking the device will resume the process.
    That makes sense. I have followed the steps above and right now I'm just waiting on the hour glass to stop.

PIN/ID
    Ask Pls!
    Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    Ok. Here goes. (I'm tired so its coming from mem)

Remove a mem card if you have it in there.

Go to programs/common files/RIM/apploader.exe

See if that will allow you to connect to the berry and start the install. Post back as soon as you can.
    That seemed to have worked. At least it got rid of the error message and defaulted back to the factory settings. Thanks, you can go to sleep now and I will do the same and finish in the morning.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    You should have been OK with 4.6 but if not 4.5 or 4.3 should do just fine. It is always better to wipe the device before installing a new OS but it isn't necessary. Did you have a password on the device at all before you started? There is no need to delete the vendor file but you can and it won't hurt.

Worse comes to worse and you don't remember the password you can enter it 10 times and have it reset your device. Just a thought.

Glad to hear, now I can crash too.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    WTG JF you beat me to it this time.. ^5.

Wow, seriously....prob never happen again.