Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

That is strange because they told me they need to see a return tracking number ... BlackBerry Curve forum

icaro2000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask me!

Advertisement

That is strange because they told me they need to see a return tracking number from UPS confirming that I have sent it back before or by the 14th day of ownership. So are you saying that you can call on the 14th day and they will give you another 7 to 10 days to get it to them? If that is true, I will be a little pissed about it because now I am without any phone until the new one gets here. It seems so strange that they would allow you to get it back to the returns department a week to almost two weeks after the last day of the return period.

I do remember getting t-mobile to send me a phone before I sent the original back for exchange in the past, but I think this occurred before the second week of the 14 day return period.

On top of it all, CS told me that t-mobile has ceased all pre-released sales of the 8900 since the discovered the 'leak' in their system. If it means that the wait for a new 8900 will be shorter because I sent mine back today, then going without will be more worth it than keeping the old one and having to wait a little bit longer for the new one.

In any case I'm freaking out and going through BB withdraws. So if it seems like I am typing nonsense right now, please disregard it and understand that it is just BB withdraw delirium.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Yes, you have to provide them with a tracking number in order for them to send you out the new one, and in your case, you had to do it that day because it was your last day for the return. But, I always would print out my label online with UPS and get the tracking number from it and then I would call TMO and give it to them. I would not mail my original phone until the other one had arrived which was in a couple of days. Then I would take my printed label, package up the phone and send it back.

PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxmatts View Post
    Yes, you have to provide them with a tracking number in order for them to send you out the new one, and in your case, you had to do it that day because it was your last day for the return. But, I always would print out my label online with UPS and get the tracking number from it and then I would call TMO and give it to them. I would not mail my original phone until the other one had arrived which was in a couple of days. Then I would take my printed label, package up the phone and send it back.
    Totally. If I had realized on time, I definitely would have gone that route.

Heartbreaker182 no está en línea Stack level 2
    They played you cuz remember i had a problem with it and they shipped it for me a new one and i didnt sent them other back until i got it. I never heard of that and i have sent alot of phones back and i have NEVER spend a day without a phone... I hope you get it soon thou.. cuz remember Monday is a holiday.

PIN/ID
    Ask me!
    Quote Originally Posted by Heartbreaker182 View Post
    They played you cuz remember i had a problem with it and they shipped it for me a new one and i didnt sent them other back until i got it. I never heard of that and i have sent alot of phones back and i have NEVER spend a day without a phone... I hope you get it soon thou.. cuz remember Monday is a holiday.
    Just re-read my posts in this thread to get a better understanding of my situation and why it had to be done that way according to t-mobile. They gave me Unlimited MY Fave %s for FREE because of having to go without the phone. Is that not worth the down time? I know its still a hassle to be with out a phone, but at least t-mobile is compensating by giving me the free unlimited myfave5's, 1200 bonus minutes, free express shipping, and one free month of BIS Full Data service.

I got the new phone ordered although it was a bit of a run-around and a hassle. In the end, I got the new one ordered for 199.00 with free express shipping. How long is express shipping supposed to take anyways? She told me it should be here on the 17th. I thought that express shipping meant that UPS would get it here at least by Friday if not the next day. Its going to suc if I have to wait until next Tuesday to get my 8900.
    Last edited by icaro2000; 02-11-2009 at 10:18 AM.

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    That should have been standard... "send me a replacement and I will send the old one back... if i don't feel free to charge the crap out of me" I think thats a legal statement in the fine print

Haven't heard many actually returning 8900's....sounds like a solid phone !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12