I cannot send mms from my curve. Someone suggested it was file size but that ... BlackBerry Curve forum

sslolley no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2404820F

Sending MMS problem --- Help!

Advertisement

I cannot send mms from my curve. Someone suggested it was file size but that didn't solve it. I called my local rep -- they said their store curves could not send mms either. Is this a setting or OS problem? Has anyone had this problem and solved it? Many thanks.
    SS LOLLEY

rabbie303 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Re: Sending MMS problem --- Help!

did this just happen? have you had issues in the past? has your provider pointed everything to your device to enable sending of mms?
    ~Erich~
    ---60% of the time it works every time--

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

On my 8800 when I go to compose an MMS message, the first thing it does is browse for a file on the BlackBerry under DeviceMemory\samples\mms\templates for a file ending in .mms. There's a sample Birthday.mms as well as a file named Blank.mms. When I send Birthday.mms to my email account, I get an email with two pictures of a birthday cake in .JPG and .GIF format as well as a .MID of "Happy Birthday". When I use Blank.mms, I can attach an Address, Appointment, Picture, or Audio to the message.

All that said, your service probably has to support it as well.
    JerryD

vortec7 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30487CF1

Quote Originally Posted by sslolley
    I cannot send mms from my curve. Someone suggested it was file size but that didn't solve it. I called my local rep -- they said their store curves could not send mms either. Is this a setting or OS problem? Has anyone had this problem and solved it? Many thanks.

If your local reps are unable to temporarily send MMS messages as well then the problem is most likely due to a data outage in your area. Don't be fooled by the fact that you are still able to connect to the inet. Call your service provider and complain. Get as many people as you know to do the same and wait for it to come back up.

Good luck!

Flashman no está en línea Stack level 3

The default picture size on the curve is too high (not just compression level), that explains why the store Curves can't send MMS. You said you already resized the pictures down, so your problem may be different. But just in case, make sure you've reduced the picture size from its largest size (next size down with highest quality works fine).