I have the curve (on BES/BIS) and my wife has the pearl (BIS). Is there ... BlackBerry Curve forum

bjenkins17 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2427d4b4

Sending a calender appt from bb to bb

Advertisement

I have the curve (on BES/BIS) and my wife has the pearl (BIS). Is there any way we can send each other a calendar appointment from blackberry to blackberry? I see where you can send the appointment to blackberry messenger contact but I can't get it to work. Thoughts?

rrrebo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240466CA

Re: Sending a calender appt from bb to bb

Open the calendar item, hit the Menu key, and choose Invite Attendee. Invite your wife, and when she accepts it, it should go on her calendar.

PIN/ID
    2427d4b4

All that does is send her an email. It doesn't put anything into her calendar. I was wondering if because of me being on a bes server had anything to do with it? Sorry for me being slow.

PIN/ID
    240466CA

She has to open the e-mail, then hit Menu>Accept.

PIN/ID
    2427d4b4

I must be an idiot. She doesn't even have that option. So to make sure I'm doing this right. I make an appointment, invite her then email all attendees. It then brings up my personal email which only shows the subject. I don't see anything else. I hit submit then she gets the email. when she opens it she doesn't have any option to accept. Could the issue be I'm also on a BES? I'm thinking that the blackberrys still should be able to send appointments to other blackberrys. Thanks for the help.

PIN/ID
    240466CA

Hmm, it's a possibility. If you are on MS Exchange, using Outlook, you'd have to send her the meeting as an iCalendar attachment. It's the only way to send a meeting to someone not on your MSExchange system. BES is most likely going to work the same way. This would be a good question for the BES Admins forum.

My wife and I are both on BIS, so it worked fine for us yesterday.