Hi I posted this in the forum of my other phone, but it did not ... BlackBerry Curve forum

laurie4563 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    PM me

Question send SMS to email address

Advertisement

Hi

I posted this in the forum of my other phone, but it did not give me an answer, so i thought i'd try here... maybe the Curve owners are smarter than the Pearl owners.. haha.. i am just kidding...
    Anyway... I'd like to send a SMS to an email address (the personne does not have a cell phone and is in front of the computer all day, so that's the easiest way)... but when i try to enter the email address, it just won't let me enter the @ sign... hmmm... with my first phone (some cheap Nokia very basic, i was able to, because she sent me a SMS to my phone number using her email address (myphonenumber@txt.att.com or something like that) and then i was able to save her email address in my address book... after that, when i wanted to send her a SMS, i'd just click NEW and then choose her email address in my phone book...
    Now, with the blackberry i am unable to do that... very strange, but i just can't seem to find a way to do it... i've had a blackberry for only 3 days, so that's maybe why i can't find a way to do it... lol...i'm kind of unknowledgable when it comes to blackberries :cry:

Hope someone will be able to help me on that.... thanks a lot guys!!!

P.S: I am not sending email to her email becaus i don't have data plan.... for now...

doughdaddy no está en línea Device Pro

Re: send SMS to email address

I was able to compose an SMS and use an email address this way: Open the messages folder, hit menu, choose Compose SMS Text, it should open the address book, scroll to the top and choose Use Once, it should ask if you want to use email or phone number, choose email and enter the email addy. Enter message text and send away.... Worked on mine fine.

Oh, and by the way... I am a PEARL owner...

PIN/ID
    PM me

Quote Originally Posted by doughdaddy View Post
    I was able to compose an SMS and use an email address this way: Open the messages folder, hit menu, choose Compose SMS Text, it should open the address book, scroll to the top and choose Use Once, it should ask if you want to use email or phone number, choose email and enter the email addy. Enter message text and send away.... Worked on mine fine.

Oh, and by the way... I am a PEARL owner...

I have a pearl and a curve, and it does not allow me to do it. I clicked on "compose SMS text", then I hit "use once", and it tells me

One time SMS Text
    Phone:

And in the phone section, i cannot enter the email address....

then it may be a limitation on the 4.2 OS since I have an 8130 I have 4.3. It may be a feature in that unless someone with a Curve can tell me it works on theirs that way.

PIN/ID
    PM me

then it may be a limitation on the 4.2 OS since I have an 8130 I have 4.3. It may be a feature in that unless someone with a Curve can tell me it works on theirs that way.
    Hmm I wonder... i whish it would allow me to do it they need to come out with 4.3 then!! lol

Selfmadecelo no está en línea Stack level 2

Yeah that weird yuou can't put en email there I know that the person can email you a txt message but the address its from is some random number so I don't know if it stays the same forever
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Nope, doesn't work.
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

fencepost no está en línea Stack level 1

On T-mobile you may be able to send an SMS to 500 with the email address as the first item in the message body. I used to do that with a much simpler phone and I suspect it still works.

PIN/ID
    PM me

Quote Originally Posted by Selfmadecelo View Post
    Yeah that weird yuou can't put en email there I know that the person can email you a txt message but the address its from is some random number so I don't know if it stays the same forever
    Yeah it's really strange.... since you have the same phone, can you tell me if you are able to?
    like when you send a SMS it tell you to choose a contact, and i choose one that has an email address, it won't give me the choice to choose from the email or phone #, it'll only show the different numbers of that person...

chsguyi69 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    215B74E3

A simple idea here. Have the email send you a text message on your phone. I am cheap here and send emails to my friends instead of text because that parts of the data plan and SMS are not. So friends on different phone services get an email to their cell phone from my Blackberry. When they reply to comes back to my Blackberry as a email from their phone. on their end it is sent and received like a text message. On my email it is sent and received as an email. Both of us are happy because the messsage went through for how our plans are set up. So depending on who you have as a cell phone service have her send you an email to your text. You can use the list below as a guide to test this. Just replace the xxxxx's with the phone number and use the email part for the right cell company. Hope it works for you.

AT&T GSM:
    xxxxxxxxxx@txt.att.net (text)
    xxxxxxxxxx@mms.att.net (mms)
    xxxxxxxxxx@mobile.mycingular.com (will continue to work into the foreseeable future)
    (includes MVNO's such as AirVoice and Beyond)

AT&T (Blue) TDMA :
    xxxxxxxxxx@mmode.com

Boost Mobile:
    xxxxxxxxxx@myboostmobile.com Nextel:
    xxxxxxxxx@messaging.nextel.com

T-Mobile:
    xxxxxxxxxx@tmomail.net
    Sprint PCS:
    xxxxxxxxxx@messaging.sprintpcs.com

Unicel:
    xxxxxxxxxx@utext.com

U.S. Cellular:
    xxxxxxxxxx@email.uscc.net

Verizon:
    xxxxxxxxxx@vtext.com (sms)
    (includes MVNO's such as AirVoice and PagePlus)
    xxxxxxxxxx@vzwpix.com (mms)

Virgin Mobile:
    xxxxxxxxxx@vmobl.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lavagirl View Post
    Nope, doesn't work.
    Thanks lavagirl, when 4.3 comes out we'll have to retest I guess

PIN/ID
    PM me

Quote Originally Posted by chsguyi69 View Post
    A simple idea here. Have the email send you a text message on your phone. I am cheap here and send emails to my friends instead of text because that parts of the data plan and SMS are not. So friends on different phone services get an email to their cell phone from my Blackberry. When they reply to comes back to my Blackberry as a email from their phone. on their end it is sent and received like a text message. On my email it is sent and received as an email. Both of us are happy because the messsage went through for how our plans are set up. So depending on who you have as a cell phone service have her send you an email to your text. You can use the list below as a guide to test this. Just replace the xxxxx's with the phone number and use the email part for the right cell company. Hope it works for you.

AT&T GSM:
    xxxxxxxxxx@txt.att.net (text)
    xxxxxxxxxx@mms.att.net (mms)
    xxxxxxxxxx@mobile.mycingular.com (will continue to work into the foreseeable future)
    (includes MVNO's such as AirVoice and Beyond)

AT&T (Blue) TDMA :
    xxxxxxxxxx@mmode.com

Boost Mobile:
    xxxxxxxxxx@myboostmobile.com Nextel:
    xxxxxxxxx@messaging.nextel.com

T-Mobile:
    xxxxxxxxxx@tmomail.net
    Sprint PCS:
    xxxxxxxxxx@messaging.sprintpcs.com

Unicel:
    xxxxxxxxxx@utext.com

U.S. Cellular:
    xxxxxxxxxx@email.uscc.net

Verizon:
    xxxxxxxxxx@vtext.com (sms)
    (includes MVNO's such as AirVoice and PagePlus)
    xxxxxxxxxx@vzwpix.com (mms)

Virgin Mobile:
    xxxxxxxxxx@vmobl.com

It is the opposite that we are trying to do... SENDING a text to an email (not email to text). thanks anyways

timn2bama no está en línea Stack level 2

When someone sends me SMS and if I have to reply I forward the message under forward as...I gives the option for email there.I'm useing Curve 8300!!

PIN/ID
    PM me

Quote Originally Posted by timn2bama View Post

When someone sends me SMS and if I have to reply I forward the message under forward as...I gives the option for email there.I'm useing Curve 8300!!
    Yes, but at that point, you are using EMAIL and not SMS. so this won't work for me as i don't have email access on my phone.