I had the strangest thing happen. I never keep any programs running in the background, ... BlackBerry Curve forum

quiche no está en línea Stack level 3

Send/receive arrows in a frozen state, draining battery

Advertisement

I had the strangest thing happen. I never keep any programs running in the background, I like to save my battery life. This afternoon, I sent some emails, ran "I Heart Radio" for a little bit and checked my tweets. All of this was late this afternoon and I had at least 80 percent battery life left. About 90 minutes later, my battery was at 20 percent. I couldn't figure out at first what was going on. I made sure all programs were closed. It was still a mystery when I realized that the send/receive arrows were in a permanent state. They weren't moving at all, no flashing, just there. I double checked my programs and finally decided to do a soft reset to resolve the problem. Has anyone experienced this issue yet?
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~
    Last edited by quiche; 03-25-2009 at 10:31 PM.

dgburns no está en línea Stack level 3
    It happens. There are bugs in firmware, bugs in apps, bugs that only show up with some apps on some firmwares or some devices.
    I wouldn't rely on a soft reset. Pull the battery.

quiche no está en línea Stack level 3
    Thanks!

soljawitstripes no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ;)
    I have had this happen before. I pulled the battery out for about 15 to 20 seconds and it worked again.