This only happens when I'm in areas with little to no coverage and it only ... BlackBerry Curve forum

bs265104 no está en línea Stack level 1

Semi-random reboots

Advertisement

This only happens when I'm in areas with little to no coverage and it only happens sometimes. When it can't find a good signal through any of the networks (EDGE, GSM, edge) the phone will shut off, come back on with the little hour glass in the middle, the little hour glass will circle for a few minutes, and then the normal homepage will come up. After that it will either: a) if a good enough signal is found it will be normal until it loses signal and goes through all the networks, then it will repeat the whole process -or- b) if a signal still can't be found right away it will repeat the whole thing over until it can find a signal. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Is there a quick fix or a function to not have it reboot when it encounters this situation? Like I said it only happens sometimes, but usually when I'm in the middle of doing something

GBallew no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2404b3a8

Re: Semi-random reboots

Sounds less like it's caused by lack of reception and more like a faulty phone. There could be something wrong with the phone that makes it seem like you have little coverage, but in fact you could have little coverage because of the rebooting. I'd take it back to the store you got it from if it's been within 30 days and get it replaced.
    Cingular is now the new at&t

bs265104 no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Semi-random reboots

I've upgraded to the new Optus OS to see if maybe it was a software issue but it's still doing it, more frequent actually. I find it hard to believe there's a problem with the phone because its literally 3 days old. Does anyone else have any suggestions? Is there an adjustable setting to where if it doesn't find a network, it just keeps searching and not rebooting? This is the only complaint I have so far with this thing and it's extremely annoying.