What I am trying to do is do a backup of my phone and reload ... BlackBerry Curve forum

n2SpEeD125 no está en línea Stack level 2

Selective Restore

Advertisement

What I am trying to do is do a backup of my phone and reload the firmware but I wanted to know how to ONLY restore the ringtones and tones I had assigned to my email and other applications that used tones to alert me, also caller specific ringtones.. I don't want to restore everything since I basically wanna start from scratch but I don't wanna go through and assign all the different ringtones and settings again.?? Any help would be much appreciated... Thanks..

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    N2, Backup using the DM. Then select "restore>advanced" and see if the specific options that you want are in there. I don't remember what all the options are but that may be your answer.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Tired That

I tried going through that already but some things are named strangely and I don't know if that's exactly what I want to restore.. Do you know what the file to restore would be called? There's about 50 different choices of items to restore, some are easy, like the calendar but some I just don't get..

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Sorry, I don't know the file name(s) that you need - maybe an expert will jump in and help. For me, it would be trial and error and I don't want to lead you down that path.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Thank you anyway.. I'm actually switching carriers but keeping the 8320 as my primary phone and want to start fresh except for the ring tones..l