Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Rather than make an entire seperate post for a review on the same product, this ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Seidio 2600mAh Extended battery for 83xx series

Advertisement

Rather than make an entire seperate post for a review on the same product, this is a two part review from Toddboy71 and N8DBB.

Toddboy71

Anticipating the WIFI's effects on the battery of my recent 8320 purchase, I decided to get one of these batteries to give myself the extra battery I figured I would need.

Well I got the battery Monday night, and charged it overnight. I was ready to test things out Tuesday. I have been very pleased thus far. I have now fully charged the battery 4 nights, and I can see the battery lasting a bit longer with each charge. Like Seidio recommends with all their extended batteries, it takes 4 or 5 charges for the battery to reach its full potential.
    I had both the extended batteries for the Pearl ( 2400mAh, as well as the slim extended) and was very pleased with both of those.

Pros:

1) 2600mAh battery, gives 2x + the battery life than the OEM 1100mAh.

2) adds only 5-6mm to the overall width to the phone

3) The battery door is a GREAT FIT. Sometimes the non-OEM ( or even the OEM!!!!) don't fit "just right" This one fits perfectly, and the black color makes a nice blending with the black sides of my Titanium Curve, matching perfectly!

Cons:

1) While it's only 5-6 mm, it does make a difference in your device size, and if your case doesn't have much "give" to it, it might not fit. Also adds minimal weight to your device.

Overall:

For me, the added size and weight isn't a big deal, as the added battery life is crucial to me.

4.5 out of 5

Please see attached pictures.

N8DBB
    I also received the Hi-Cap battery from Seidio to give a twirl to.

The first battery that I received from them had an issue where it would not keep a charge. No matter how long I charged it for, it would not go over 35%.

I shot them an email and informed them of the issue, and received a prompt response stating that they would get a new one out to me ASAP and requested I return the defective one for them to test and see what was causing the issue with it. (And they did ship it ASAP, as it arrived within 2 days via FedEx).

Once I received the new one I charged it overnight and began to use it. I took it with me to the RIM/TMO event in Atlanta where it was used heavily to access the WiFi, take approx 150+ pictures with the flash on, email and PIN messaging all night, and it was still well over 60% of battery life.

Today I took it off the charger at 6:00am. Those of you who know me, know that I use my BlackBerrys VERY heavily. To start with I had the BB play about 30 minutes worth of music this morning while I was stuck in traffic. Since then, it has been connected to WiFi all day today while I am at work, and have sent/received approximately 200 emails and 100 SMS messages, not to mention the PIN messaging.

The battery life as I write this is at 80% right now. Considering all of the heavy useage it has incurred today, I am almost wondering whether or not the battery is reading higher than it actually is? This is the first I would have noticed that, so I will keep an eye on it.

One of the most positive things IMO are the slats for the speaker on the cover, allowing the sound to be sent directly out from the back of the device, rather than bounced off of the rear OEM battery panel, and up to the open slots at the top of the phone.

Fit of the battery cover seems to fit mine well, and all holes for the camera and flash are cut to perfect specifications.

The one thing on the downside is the "self-portrait mirror". Now, IMO, these are pretty much useless anyways, as even the OEM mirrors are too small. HOWEVER, they're always going to be put on device because I guess some of you like taking pictures of yourself with your BlackBerry (::Cough::supaman:.

The one thing that I would change about the self portrait mirror on the Seidio is that I would have it built into the mold, rather than have it added after the fact. Reason I say this, is I (just like anyone else who has a bad case of ADD and likes to tear things apart) was playing with it trying to keeps my hands occupied while in a meeting, and I popped the mirror off. Was kind of a pain to get it put back in just right with the glue that was holding it, so I peeled the glue off and stuck it back in there. Fits pretty well without the glue, but I expect it to be gone again soon. But like I said, that doesn't bother me much because I don't use the self-portrait mirror on any device. Plus it kinda sticks out and reminds me of a button.

As far as the feel of it, yeah, it does take a little to get used to it, however, after a day or two, you learn how to re-grip your BlackBerry and it becomes more comfortable. Having to deal with getting into the habit of a new grib is fine with me for a battery that allows me to use my device as heavily as I want all day long and not have to worry about the closest electrical outlet.

Visit http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=841 to purchase
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by N8DBB; 10-04-2007 at 07:22 PM.
    The Stacks Rock.....

Just signed up to Pinstack? Please visit the following:
    Forum Policies ~ Posting Guidelines ~ BB FAQ ~ Downloads

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

Re: Seidio 2600mAh Extended battery for 83xx series

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I wanted to get it, but I thought the back looked aweful. Couldn't they have made it more sloped?

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Unfortunately with the camera lens, they can't really.

But fortunately, you only look at the screen and not the back =)
    The Stacks Rock.....

Just signed up to Pinstack? Please visit the following:
    Forum Policies ~ Posting Guidelines ~ BB FAQ ~ Downloads

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f
    Nice review thanks!

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

great review. I def wanna get this with the 8320.

showtime no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Thanks for the review.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~baby got back lol

dynamiks no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2421890A

While I think it's great that it offers 2x the battery life than the standard battery, I think it looks nasty and takes away from the sexy slim profile of the phone. I'd honestly rather carry around a spare OEM battery than have this.

nabitheking no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3047E391
    Quote Originally Posted by dynamiks
    While I think it's great that it offers 2x the battery life than the standard battery, I think it looks nasty and takes away from the sexy slim profile of the phone. I'd honestly rather carry around a spare OEM battery than have this.
    I couldn't have said it better!

seidioseidio no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by sashadelgado

I wanted to get it, but I thought the back looked aweful. Couldn't they have made it more sloped?
    Sorry our design team has tried very hard to make it more sloped, but becasue of the lense, we can not do that.

Seidio offers two extended batteries for BB8300/8310/8320 to meet your power needs.

1) 1300 mah OEM sized extended battery - 15-20% battery life increase, add no bulk at all. Use same cover as OEM battery

2) 2600 mah extended battery- more than double OEM battery life.

jaysun930 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2431c3f2

~via BB I am thinking of getting this for my 8300 (wap.pinstack.com)~

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

I am considering the battery that is 15% more with no added bulk....
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

PacketRat no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID

I'm going to try out both. As it is right now my battery makes it from 8am to 9pm then its dead. I'm sure if I turned off my IM messenger, ignored my bb messenger and didn't take 10 pictures a day I would be fine. But what fun is that.

quiche no está en línea Stack level 3

I have the 1300mAh and I'm quite pleased with it. 15% more does make a difference.

showtime no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Quote Originally Posted by flash24
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~baby got back lol
    LMAO!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast