Hi I am trying to access http://www.stanjames.com from my handheld. Its comes up saying it ... BlackBerry Curve forum

k.moir no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    215B1BB9

Secure GC Enabled?

Advertisement

Hi

I am trying to access http://www.stanjames.com from my handheld. Its comes up saying it is blocked from my carrier but I know they don't block it as my sim works in 2 of my colleuges curve with no problems. The only thing I have noticed is in the security general settings my 8310 I have secure gc enabled but their 8310s don't have this and I think this is the problem. Any help would be fantastic

Re: Secure GC Enabled?

Quote Originally Posted by k.moir View Post
    Hi

I am trying to access http://www.stanjames.com from my handheld. Its comes up saying it is blocked from my carrier but I know they don't block it as my sim works in 2 of my colleuges curve with no problems. The only thing I have noticed is in the security general settings my 8310 I have secure gc enabled but their 8310s don't have this and I think this is the problem. Any help would be fantastic
    "Secure GC Enabled" means you have content protection enabled on your device. Disable Content Protection from your Security menu and see what happens -

PIN/ID
    215B1BB9

Hi

The content protection is disabled, I compared all the settings to one of my collegues curve and they are exactly the same but i have that message at the bottom for some reason

Bluebell Wood no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)
    This may appear when you put in a device password or it is something the carrier p ut there because my GC wasn't enabled till I got my data plan

PIN/ID
    215B1BB9

Its strange I know its not my carrier but I have no passwords set up on my device. One day it was fine the next its blocking me

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    My gc is enabled and I just tried to go to there via the link you gave but I got a Java script error. I would therefore assume that it is not the gc thing that is blocking it but something else maybe.

Hi again

I have just been to bthe stan james website on my laptop and apparently it uses flash. Flash cannot be used on a Blackberry.

I found a wap site for Stan James which mght help you.

http://www.stanjames.com/mobile/
    Last edited by Bluebell Wood; 02-24-2008 at 09:00 AM.

PIN/ID
    215B1BB9

Thats blocked aswell,

the main site works fine on all of my colleagues curves apart from mine and there are 7 of us. Just seems very strange.

It looks like the content lock is just stuck and won't come off as it's blocking other sites too. I might try updating the software and see if that sorts it.

Updating you OS is unlikely to fix it as you have an access problem. You might have more luck calling T Mobile and see if they can do anything first.

Try this options >security options> general settings> scroll down to Content protection then hit the menu key select change option this should then give you the option to disable it.

PIN/ID
    215B1BB9

In the options it is disabled and has never been enabled. T-Mobile checked the account and it is fine, they say its a handset fault, My sim is fine in another curve and can access any site.

Greaystone no está en línea Stack level 1
    Check to ensure memory cleaning is disabled
    opitons/security options/memory cleaning

tigerbluemusic no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hi. I have this same issue.

Under my General Settings in Security I'm showing 'Secure GC Enabled'
    Content Protection is switched off
    Under Services it says 'no services'
    Memory Cleaning is switched off
    I can't turn the Firewall off as it gives no option to do this

Certain apps now say...
    "The application *** has attempted to open a connection to a location inside the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by your IT policy."

Where would the IT policy show? I was under the impression this was the "Services" bit of General Security Settings???

I have also just used the wipe function on JL Cmder to see if that would work and it still comes up with the message. Can anyone help?

Update...

No idea whether this will help. I just deleted e-mobile today then did a factory reset on my handset and can you believe it?? Secure GC Enabled has now disappeared!!!
    I can now switch my Firewall on and off again too! And the icing on the cake is that akk oreviously misbehaving apps are now working. Happy berry again (despite having a bold that won't stream youtube but that's another matter ;-))

Maybe this will solve your issue too??

GC enabled has returned less than 24 hours after I got rid of it. Can anyone help?