I had a quick question. One of my friends (who is NOT a PS member ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5

Searching for Network

Advertisement

I had a quick question. One of my friends (who is NOT a PS member unfortunately) has a problem with her phone. It seems like every time she turns on her phone, it keeps on searching for a network and it never finds one. She is already on the registered network, but can't seem to locate a signal. What else should I have her try? (She uses a Curve.)

3w!n no está en línea Stack level 1
    She could select the network manually at the Mobile Network Option!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

lalctaylor no está en línea Stack level 3
    My bb is always on and I will get the searching for network message. I do the good ole battery pull and it will pick it right back up. It does sound like a different problem, but its worth a shot if they haven't tried it.

melonman12 no está en línea Stack level 2
    If it's a GSM BB, have her try an active SIM card from the same carrier and see what the result is. Most likely something is wrong with the duplexer or PA on the phone, but sometimes a defective SIM will give you this type of problem too.

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    Hmm, alright. Thank you for your help. I've tried the battery pull trick already and that hasn't solved the problem. Perhaps it's the SIM. I'll have her get a new SIM via her carrier.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~