Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by jedd206 To rip the movie I use DVDfab. In order get the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jjames42 no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: SD Sub-Folders for Video...??

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by jedd206
    To rip the movie I use DVDfab. In order get the rip into the correct format "generic" you have to get DVDfab platinum. You can download the trial version from their website. Instead of paying for the full version I just got the "crack" off of Limewire. I got the BB video converter from handango. It was free and is absolutely idiotproof (if I can use it, it has to be) I think its just called BB video converter. It was developed by seagull something or other...DVDfab is the fastest ripping software I've ever used...30 minutes is all it takes, and I have yet to come across a dvd encryption it can't break ( watching 300 on my curve as I type this) Hope this helps....
    Really no need to get the full version of DVDFab. I have used the DVDFab freeware version to convert without issues. The new version even has the movie only option of extraction; which is a help extracting episodic content from TV DVDs.

jedd206 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2404E130

Quote Originally Posted by jjames42
    Really no need to get the full version of DVDFab. I have used the DVDFab freeware version to convert without issues. The new version even has the movie only option of extraction; which is a help extracting episodic content from TV DVDs.
    Really?....When I downloaded the freeware and tried to rip from a DVD into "generic" format, it gave me a message saying only DVDfab platinum could do that function...

Really?....When I downloaded the freeware and tried to rip from a DVD into "generic" format, it gave me a message saying only DVDfab platinum could do that function...
    Wait, I mis-read your post. i thought you were just coping the movie to the hard drive and then using the Seabird application. I guess you are reconverting the "generic" file create again. I just copy the DVD to my HD and then convert this. What you are doing is converting the movie twice thus losing some quality; eg. a copy of a copy.

I actually spent about 1 week playing around with Seabird's application and am now using the mencoder command line program that this application is a front end for. I am doing this as the current verison does not allow for opening a DVD folder from the HD via the DVD option. Using the file option you can open the VOBs.

I use the following command line paramters and have converted about 20 movies without issues.

mencoder.exe dvd://1 -dvd-device .\VIDEO_TS -vf scale=320:-3 -o movie.avi -of avi -ovc lavc -oac lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=400:acodec=mp3:abitrate=64

I place the above in a batch file in the root directory of the DVD folders created via DVDFab and just run the batch file. Most movies convert in about 45 minutes on average.

If you want to find out how to remove the black bars, please see my post here.

Updated:
    Please note that the above uses the full mPlayer/mEncoder binaries found here. You will need to download the MPlayer 1.0rc1 Windows and the corresponding Windows x86 20061022 binary codec package.

Oh and one more item, adding -ofps 15 to the above batch file, while not decreasing the size of the converted movie, does appear to help with the BB Media Player's responsiveness.

Update #2:
    Oh, I forgot to add that I used DVDFad to copy the movie portion only. This way the correct audio track and title are only copied allowing me to default my batch file to always convert Title 1 of the DVD.
    Last edited by jjames42; 08-13-2007 at 12:32 PM.

kpishdadi no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

I tried this before with no luck. I was organizing files into directories like videos/TV Show - Season/Episode.mov

I could navigate the folders & etc, but the files wouldn't open.

PIN/ID
    2404E130

ok jjames, you are obviously way smarter than me when it comes to computer stuff, i had a headache by your second pragraph. So, what I'm doing is ripping a copy to my hard drive and then using the seabird program to convert to the correct format for the Curve. Am I using an unnecessary step? And could you PLEASE, for my sake, dumb down your answers for me...

ok jjames, you are obviously way smarter than me when it comes to computer stuff, i had a headache by your second pragraph. So, what I'm doing is ripping a copy to my hard drive and then using the seabird program to convert to the correct format for the Curve. Am I using an unnecessary step? And could you PLEASE, for my sake, dumb down your answers for me...
    If you need more help, please check out My Silly Blog. I have documented the process that I have been using to convert my movies.
    Last edited by jjames42; 08-16-2007 at 07:56 PM.

PIN/ID
    2404E130

Quote Originally Posted by jjames42
    If you need more help, please check out My Silly Blog. I have documented the process that I have been using to convert my movies.
    much appreciated...but since I'm at work and can't click on links, is there any chance you could post the actual web address for me?

much appreciated...but since I'm at work and can't click on links, is there any chance you could post the actual web address for me?
    hxxp://blog.nilsgreen.com/index.php?entry=entry070816-150423
    Last edited by jjames42; 08-16-2007 at 07:57 PM.

Just checking in to see if you ever got this to work. If not let me know where you are having problems.

zkyevolved no está en línea Stack level 1

what a great group! so many posts in so little time!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12