Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hey gang - perhaps I'm just taking a mis-step somewhere... but, is anyone having any ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

SD Sub-Folders for Video...??

Advertisement

Hey gang - perhaps I'm just taking a mis-step somewhere... but, is anyone having any luck or success with sub-folders...

i.e., I have several movies that on the SD that are in multiple files due to compression - so one full movie may be spread across 3 files. Is there a way to have "Pursuit of Happiness" folder with all 3 downloaded files in it... I can create it on the card in Explorer, but when I look at the media on the device, they are listed separately and no larger folder exists...

Thanks for any insights...

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

rubikscube no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: SD Sub-Folders for Video...??

arent you pissed of that no ones replying... they only reply to things that they can gain from... i dont know the answer to your question but atleast i bothered to reply :-)

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

I've never had that issue with my SD card; you might wanna try reformatting the card with the BB and recopy everything back down to it

PIN/ID
    No-More

Quote Originally Posted by cwakulik
    I've never had that issue with my SD card; you might wanna try reformatting the card with the BB and recopy everything back down to it
    So you can see the separate folders on your Curve??? I can see all the files, but they aren't categorized into the separate folders when I look at them on the device - - -

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

PIN/ID
    No-More

Quote Originally Posted by raghav.verma
    arent you pissed of that no ones replying... they only reply to things that they can gain from... i dont know the answer to your question but atleast i bothered to reply :-)
    Dude - I've gained more BB knowledge and cool online friendships from the Stacks than most any other online community I've been in... it's early in the morning and no one has the answer to everything...

The beauty of this group is that if someone can help... they usually do!!! I've got nothing at all to be pissed about!

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

jjames42 no está en línea Stack level 2

Same thing happens to me. Kind of a pain that the playlist display does not break these up by folders. The audio player does the same thig.

russcrypto no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

Quote Originally Posted by jscottbarnes
    Hey gang - perhaps I'm just taking a mis-step somewhere... but, is anyone having any luck or success with sub-folders...

i.e., I have several movies that on the SD that are in multiple files due to compression - so one full movie may be spread across 3 files. Is there a way to have "Pursuit of Happiness" folder with all 3 downloaded files in it... I can create it on the card in Explorer, but when I look at the media on the device, they are listed separately and no larger folder exists...

Why don't you have just one file for the video? What exactly are you doing to get your movie from DVD to your microSD card? When I put a movie on mine, I end up with just one file, no matter how large the original movie was.
    Russcrypto

Welcome to the Stacks!

New to BlackBerry or Pinstack? Please Read:

Forum Rules and Guidelines

Click here to email me.

jedd206 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2404E130

whatr software are you using to reformat the movie? the conversion software should make the movie small enough to store on an SD card without putting it in seperate folders.......I have three movies on a 1 gig card with room to spare....

PIN/ID
    2404E130

OK relax fella, WHOOOO SAAAHHHHHHH....this is by far the freindliest and most helpful forum I belong to. The mods and admin types are very helpful and never make me feel stupid when I ask even the dimbest of questions. If you have a gripe with this site, try postin gsomewhere else as a newcomer and see how much love you get!!!!!!!!!

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Yeah, this seems to be typical bahavior of the media player. It lumps everything together even if they are in folders. If you explore your folders they are separate. Maybe this will change in future releases.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

russcrypto no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT

Wow! That's all I can muster. Just...WOW!
    Russcrypto

Welcome to the Stacks!

New to BlackBerry or Pinstack? Please Read:

Forum Rules and Guidelines

Click here to email me.

PIN/ID
    No-More

Quote Originally Posted by russcrypto
    Wow! That's all I can muster. Just...WOW!
    LoL... he/she won't be around too long I'm guessin;

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

PIN/ID
    No-More

Quote Originally Posted by russcrypto
    Why don't you have just one file for the video? What exactly are you doing to get your movie from DVD to your microSD card? When I put a movie on mine, I end up with just one file, no matter how large the original movie was.
    I've acquired them from blackberrymovies.com - they are segmented there... whatever method is used to convert them apparently has to break them up into multiple files... not ideal - - -

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

PIN/ID
    No-More

Quote Originally Posted by jedd206
    whatr software are you using to reformat the movie? the conversion software should make the movie small enough to store on an SD card without putting it in seperate folders.......I have three movies on a 1 gig card with room to spare....
    Thanx jedd - i got these from bbmovies.com... didn't convert them myself... but, clearly i should go that route, huh? LoL

what conversion tool and process are u using?

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

PIN/ID
    2404E130

Thanx jedd - i got these from bbmovies.com... didn't convert them myself... but, clearly i should go that route, huh? LoL

what conversion tool and process are u using?
    To rip the movie I use DVDfab. In order get the rip into the correct format "generic" you have to get DVDfab platinum. You can download the trial version from their website. Instead of paying for the full version I just got the "crack" off of Limewire. I got the BB video converter from handango. It was free and is absolutely idiotproof (if I can use it, it has to be) I think its just called BB video converter. It was developed by seagull something or other...DVDfab is the fastest ripping software I've ever used...30 minutes is all it takes, and I have yet to come across a dvd encryption it can't break ( watching 300 on my curve as I type this) Hope this helps....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast