Hi, i did a search but nothing really solved my problem, i put a kingston ... BlackBerry Curve forum

ScrawnyMutt no está en línea Stack level 1

SD card problem

Advertisement

Hi, i did a search but nothing really solved my problem, i put a kingston microsd card in my curve, formatted it, it shows under options/media card 1.8gb total space and 1.8gb free space so i know it knows its there, but i cant use the memory card at all....tried mass storage in all three modes, roxio doesnt see the card and my computer doesnt see the card.....any ideas?....thanx in advance

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: SD card problem

have you tried taking it out and putting it back in? Maybe restart the BB with it in to see if it makes a difference. Maybe try a different USB cable or PC even to see they are the problem?
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

bbsucka no está en línea Stack level 1

I have seen a similar issue with a workmate. Her BB would see the card, but that was about it. We first attempted to use an external card reader to format the card via her PC. The PC could not pick up the card, thus we were unable to perform the format. Long story short, she had to take the card back and exchange it for another that worked. If you do make an excahnge, I would suggest formatting it (FAT32) via your PC before installing it into your BB.

Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by melissaox
    have you tried taking it out and putting it back in? Maybe restart the BB with it in to see if it makes a difference. Maybe try a different USB cable or PC even to see they are the problem?
    the pc and the usb both work with other devices no problem, i will try the restarting the bb with it in...thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by bbsucka
    I have seen a similar issue with a workmate. Her BB would see the card, but that was about it. We first attempted to use an external card reader to format the card via her PC. The PC could not pick up the card, thus we were unable to perform the format. Long story short, she had to take the card back and exchange it for another that worked. If you do make an excahnge, I would suggest formatting it (FAT32) via your PC before installing it into your BB.

Hope this helps!
    will try a different card as well thank you.

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I have found that you need to format the SD card in the PC first, then format it in the BB afterwards.

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Quote Originally Posted by bartokbatt View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I have found that you need to format the SD card in the PC first, then format it in the BB afterwards.
    Good advice! Media cards can be complicate...considering the regulations & conditions of the place it is manufatured. (China/Taiwan...no offence to the people of the region, just the regulations for manufacturing/shipping/etc..) Also, if you have media on the damaged card, you can recovery most of it using media recovery tools found on the WWW. Most card suppliers manufacture recovery tools to restore damaged cards, you can Google others if your card provider does not have one. And yes, some are NOT free. Good luck.