hey guys can u tell me how to change the light on my track ball. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

lexsus4me no está en línea Stack level 1

scroll light ball

Advertisement

hey guys can u tell me how to change the light on my track ball. Thanks

JayMc8700G no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2563E9F5
    Well sad to say it can't be changed as the Pearl is the only Berry so far that has color lens in the trackball.... i think its a real nice feature.... not important enough tho for me to get a Pearl>>>> Curve all the way....
    RS
    Sent using BlackBerry

grapemist no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Posted
    Thats funny. I was wondering the same thing. Im sure the curve will have that functionality soon.

jeezy no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    243C3170
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Not exactly true, the curve doesn't come with the function to change the led but you can do what I did I got a piece of colored seran wrap and put it right over the led now my ball is blue.It will only stay one color but makes it stand out a lil bit. Try at your own risk.

rosehaven72 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by grapemist View Post
    Thats funny. I was wondering the same thing. Im sure the curve will have that functionality soon.
    Actually, the chick at At&t told me that the new Pearl doesn't come with the color track balls anymore either. I guess we will never know what it's like, even on our Curves.

jaesternbach no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b04967
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I actually just took a torch screW dricer and popped the silver ring around the ball out. Then, I took out the trackball itself and colored the led a red. Everytime I pull out my curve at night, I always get people asking me how I got my ball red. Always a good conversation piece.

There is a thread some where on this site that has pic by pic instructions on how to dissesemble the trackball. Hope this helps.

JCG3 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    the 8100 is the only trackball phone to have colored LEDs behind the ball. If RIM phased the color trackball thing out then i dont think that it will come back... ever! i am proud to say i have a 8100 and i like the Blue ball i have without having to "make" it work and possibly voiding my warranty.