Well my new baby has his first scratch :-( and it is on the screen. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

sugarbutt no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241CF1B5

Screen got a scratch

Advertisement

Well my new baby has his first scratch :-( and it is on the screen. I read to try eye glass scratch repair or applesauce. Has anyone else gotten a scratch and tried either on the curve?

I am just so upset about this... I have been case less since it got it. Ordered one but had a death in the family and had to leave town. I am in west Texas and there is a lot of sand. I guess some of it got on the scren and when I wiped it off it scratched. Same thing happend on my 8700 but I was at the beach. Anyway I never "repaired" the 8700 screen but just must fix my little baby (my Curve).

Thanks for your help and support.

showtime no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Re: Screen got a scratch

Applesauce hunh...
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Mobiman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2071348F

Sorry to hear that sugarbutt, after reading a few threads I also believe applesauce will do the job.

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

Yeah... Applesauce seems to have a good reputation here... haven't used it personally, but would like to hear how it goes...

(Just in case)

Good luck with that Sugar

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

missymd48 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24AC9474

Please let me know how that applesauce or sugar works out. I have a few tiny scratches on my Pearl and I haven't found a case that I really like. I think that I will eventually get a screen protector.

Good Luck.

2-4Trippin no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by sugarbutt
    Well my new baby has his first scratch :-( and it is on the screen. I read to try eye glass scratch repair or applesauce. Has anyone else gotten a scratch and tried either on the curve?

I am just so upset about this... I have been case less since it got it. Ordered one but had a death in the family and had to leave town. I am in west Texas and there is a lot of sand. I guess some of it got on the scren and when I wiped it off it scratched. Same thing happend on my 8700 but I was at the beach. Anyway I never "repaired" the 8700 screen but just must fix my little baby (my Curve).

Thanks for your help and support.
    Archer6 says this stuff works very well on his BB and I've heard good things about this product from car owners that need to remove scratches and hazing from headlight plastic covers. With a deep scratch you may need all three levels of polish #1, #2 & #3:

Novus Polish & Scratch Remover

PIN/ID
    241CF1B5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thanks guys. A friend said he thought he saw some at Fry's. I am going to try and go there today. If not I suppose I will have to order it. I will let you all know how it goes.

jloverg no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

good luck sugarbutt i hope it work out

PIN/ID
    241CF1B5

Well the Applesauce didn't seem to work. I could only find the 2 part one in the store. It said to repeat several times and I did. Oh well it isn't that bad and finally have my case so hopefully that will prevent any others. I might try some eye glass scratch repair.