Hey guys, Just got my 8900 today and man is it sweet. My question is ... BlackBerry Curve forum

slyfox no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Screen Distortion?

Advertisement

Hey guys, Just got my 8900 today and man is it sweet. My question is when ever I press on the corner of the screen there is some distortion similiar to when you push on the screen of an LCD monitor. I had some issues with the box showing signs of damage and want to know if this is happening on all 8900's or just mine.
    Thanks!

Aleksrussian no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30546CA8
    Is this only occurring when you push on it kinda like on a calculator or is it just liquidy all the time?

jchapman01 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24a51ff4
    i have the bold and it does it to mine too.... i think its normal. or at least common among the new bbs. hate to see what happens if its dropped, huh?

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Only when I press on it, just like a calculator.

PIN/ID
    Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by jchapman01 View Post
    i have the bold and it does it to mine too.... i think its normal. or at least common among the new bbs. hate to see what happens if its dropped, huh?
    Thanks for the report back, guess they just dont make them like they used to : )

jchapman01 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24a51ff4
    no problemo... ive noticed this on the bolds i sell too. the curve seems to have a harder front screen window.

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5
    i had that problem too -- i was running on tmo .114--- it stopped once i upgraded to beta .133
    Phone: T-Mo S4- Stock-Rooted

[Former]
    Device: T-Mobile S3
    Device: HTC Amaze 4G
    Device: HTC Vision (T-Mobile G2)
    Device: BlackBerry (9700, 8900,8320,8120,8100)

Aleksrussian no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30546CA8
    Wow tats wired hoPe It
    Doesn't break!

goldenhours no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by SeRViiCiiO View Post
    i had that problem too -- i was running on tmo .114--- it stopped once i upgraded to beta .133
    I'm running .133 and its still there... Most notably when I press the Off button it happens in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.

I wonder is this something that can be resolved with an OS upgrade at all, or simply a matter of the front case pressing against the screen...

Meh! no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    PM me...
    Deal is with the new bbs... Bolds, 8900 etc. Is that there is no lens cover per say. The front of the screen is the actual front of screen and no lens cover. Hence why before you could push, because you were pushing on something actually over the screen, and now that's not the case.

Hope that helps?

goldenhours no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by Meh! View Post
    Deal is with the new bbs... Bolds, 8900 etc. Is that there is no lens cover per say. The front of the screen is the actual front of screen and no lens cover. Hence why before you could push, because you were pushing on something actually over the screen, and now that's not the case.

Hope that helps?

Yeah, that makes sense, my 8310 has a much thicker plastic cover over the actual screen.

I'm not really worried about it, overall my new 8900 seems to be very well built and I love it.

SeRViiCiiO no está en línea Stack level 5
    I think the distortion is with the pinstack launcher ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    Ask
    From what I can tell by everyones answers Meh! is correct. Its definietly not a software thing. Its an actual physical thing do just like he said to the lens cover or lack there of pressing against the LCD screen when you push it. Thanks for everyones feedback.