Hi everyone. I'm a brand new blackberry user as of today so be gentle. I ... BlackBerry Curve forum

kiloka no está en línea Stack level 1

Screen Dim?

Advertisement

Hi everyone. I'm a brand new blackberry user as of today so be gentle. I just noticed that my screen has gone from nice and bright to quite dim. I went into the options and turned the screen brightness all the way up. Still dim. Now the battery is pretty low so I plugged it in but its still really dim. Any ideas? On another note I posted in the themes section but maybe someone will see this sooner. I installed my DM software but it says that I don't have device software. I went to the link posted in that thread to find it but I don't know what software I need exactly for my ATT 8310. Any help getting my themes installed will greatly be appreciated. Thanks a bunch!

ballr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask.

Re: Screen Dim?

theres a sensor on blackberrys that auto adjusts the backlight in case u didnt know that

lol, i did not know that. Can I turn that off? And where exactly is the sensor?

finder216 no está en línea Stack level 3

Hold it up to a bright light. You probably see that it will lighten up a lot then. I had the same "problem" when I got my first BB.
    Greetings from the Land of OZ!

Cool, I found how to turn it off. duh it was right under the option for how bright it should be. Guess I should look a little more closely before I go asking for help eh? On another note since I'm so new to the berry world can anyone point me in the direction of cool mods or stuff that I should know, I've been cruising this forum and have found a few cool tips. Thanks

ballr no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask.

sure, what exactally do you want ? because theres a lot of things on pinstack lol

Well thats the thing, I'm so new to my blackberry that I don't really know what its capable of. I've already themed it and put opera, googlemaps, and the gmail app on it. Not sure what else I can do. I'd like to find a mod to allow me to use the led as a flashlight (with out paying for the software of course..) Other than that I'd just like to know what mods others are doing.