On my 8700 you could brighten the screen (even if it was otherwise set to ... BlackBerry Curve forum

charlieu no está en línea Stack level 1

Screen Brightness and On/Off Key

Advertisement

On my 8700 you could brighten the screen (even if it was otherwise set to 100% brightness) by holding down the on/off button for a second. When I do that with my Curve's end-call/on-off button, the button either acts like an escape key or, if I hold the button down much longer, it (not surprisingly) turns the unit off.

When I reset the Curve, and the hour-glass routine appears, the screen brightens at one point considerably over the level of brightness that its settles down to (again, even with the brightness setting in Screen/Keyboard options set to 100%), so I know there's a way to get the screen brighter. What's the button for this purpose if the end-call/on-off button doesn't do the trick?

Thanks.

glehman85 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID

Re: Screen Brightness and On/Off Key

yes i also miss this feature on the pearl. would be nice to know if that trick is this around on these newer phones

mcgowan08 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

I was wondering the same thing, I liked the option of brightening up the screen one notch in certain situations. I find it hard to believe this feature would be completely gone.
    PIN - 24053627

jsternbach no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23DFE188

What hapepns if you try and cover up the "light sensor" and see if that helps brighten up the sitution any.

bjene no está en línea Stack level 2

I was getting a similar behavior that was intermittent. I would hit a key to bring the key back from sleep mode or pull it out of the holster, and sometimes it would be really bright, and other times it would be about 40% bright. I had the brightness setting at 100. I might have to cycle the screen on three or four or more times before the full brightness came on again. I turned the automatic backlight setting from "on" to "off" and this intermittent behavior seems not to have happened since then. It has only been a day, so I am keeping an eye on it.
    It's an interglacial period, *#%&@!

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28

Quote Originally Posted by jsternbach
    What hapepns if you try and cover up the "light sensor" and see if that helps brighten up the sitution any.
    definately a good idea, i wish they still kept those capabilities on the curve, and pearl though