I thought I saw an application where it turns on the screen/backlight when you receive ... BlackBerry Curve forum

spicylikcajun no está en línea Stack level 1

Screen/backlight turn on when i receive an SMS

Advertisement

I thought I saw an application where it turns on the screen/backlight when you receive an SMS/MMS message. Was I dreaming? Or is there a way for me to have my backlight turn on when I get a text message?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Screen/backlight turn on when i receive an SMS

I think you may have mistaken another application for it.

The reason the screen/backlight doesn't come on, is to conserve on battery usage. It's better to have the LED blink than the whole screen to power up.

There's a really cool app called Blackberry Alerts, you can assign different colored LEDs for different messages...email, Text, voicemail, etc.

it should be on handango.com check it out it's one of my favorites.

spicylikcajun no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Screen/backlight turn on when i receive an SMS

Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post
    I think you may have mistaken another application for it.

The reason the screen/backlight doesn't come on, is to conserve on battery usage. It's better to have the LED blink than the whole screen to power up.

There's a really cool app called Blackberry Alerts, you can assign different colored LEDs for different messages...email, Text, voicemail, etc.

it should be on handango.com check it out it's one of my favorites.
    ahh okay, i already have bbalerts installed, i just didn't know if the led was draining the battery. i have it set to turn on for 2 seconds every 5 seconds. is that too much? am i draining the battery??