Hey all! I protect my Curve with the OEM leather holster attached to my purse. ... BlackBerry Curve forum

BizFox no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Scratch Help!

Advertisement

Hey all! I protect my Curve with the OEM leather holster attached to my purse. There is also a screenpatronus protector on the lcd itself (hey it's a $600 investment!). I noticed the other day that a slight scratch made its way on the reflective area near the camera behind the device, and it's driving me crazy! Best Skins Ever or the like is not an option (tried that before by following the wet-and-dry instructions to the letter... and well, my old Pearl became a paperweight). I heard about Brasso helping with removing scratches. Will this work on the reflective part near the camera?

Please let me know if it does. If not, I welcome any good alternatives!

Thanks in advance and good day, everyone!

mikadad no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    just ask

Re: Scratch Help!

I use a product you can get any any auto parts store or even walmart called Maguires Plasti-x, its works wonders on the screen or polishing up any part of the plastic body.
    Michael

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53

[FONT=Arial]This is just my 2 cents, But I have never been able to keep a phone in perfect condition, I tried and tried and finally just altered my thinking. I do the best I can as it is a lot of money, but in the end it is just a material Object.[/FONT]
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

I use the NOVUS line of plastic polish and scratch removing chemicals. Unlike most others, they are not an abrasive based product. They are very easy to use, safe, and inexpensive. I have used this product for several years on anything plastic with wonderful results. In fact since I found out about NOVUS, I no longer use a screen protector. I simply polish it when new, and that makes the surface very slippery and scratch resistant. It also works wonders in repelling fingerprints and other forms of dirt.

The product comes in three bottles.
    #1 Polish
    #2 Light to Medium scratch remover
    #3 Heavy scratch remover.

Not only is this good for clear plastic but colored plastics of all types like the body of the phone etc.
    It's readily available in a variety of stores, like auto parts, hardware, Home Depot, etc. as well as online:

http://www.noscratch.com/novus/

Cheers...

BizFox no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by archer6
    I use the NOVUS line of plastic polish and scratch removing chemicals. Unlike most others, they are not an abrasive based product. They are very easy to use, safe, and inexpensive. I have used this product for several years on anything plastic with wonderful results. In fact since I found out about NOVUS, I no longer use a screen protector. I simply polish it when new, and that makes the surface very slippery and scratch resistant. It also works wonders in repelling fingerprints and other forms of dirt.

The product comes in three bottles.
    #1 Polish
    #2 Light to Medium scratch remover
    #3 Heavy scratch remover.

Not only is this good for clear plastic but colored plastics of all types like the body of the phone etc.
    It's readily available in a variety of stores, like auto parts, hardware, Home Depot, etc. as well as online:

<URL posting not allowed for original thread poster>

Cheers...
    Sounds like a good option. So I assume that since finding out about the Novus line of products, you keep your devices case-/skin-less? Where do you usually buy these items?

P.S.
    I'll probably try Home Depot or Walmart's auto section. Hopefully Novus will be available there. Otherwise, I'll check out that Maguire's item.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Quote Originally Posted by BizFox
    Sounds like a good option. So I assume that since finding out about the Novus line of products, you keep your devices case-/skin-less? Where do you usually buy these items?

P.S.
    I'll probably try Home Depot or Walmart's auto section. Hopefully Novus will be available there. Otherwise, I'll check out that Maguire's item.
    I buy mine at Kragens auto parts. Other auto parts stores carry it as well. Or buy it online. Have a bit of patience until you find it, believe me you will be more than thrilled with the results. It's nearly too good to be true, super easy, fast and not messy.

Yes I enjoy using my BB without a case. I hate to have a phone on my belt. I much prefer to put it in my briefcase or pocket. When in the car it sits on the center console and I use a BT headset. My oldest BB (nearly one year old) is as perfect as day one. It absolutely looks brand new. In fact better because of the sparkling clear display and very clean look of the case. The Novus polish brings out the color of the plastics without being shiny or obvious.

Please _DO_ NOT_ USE_ Maguires.

And I'm a big Maguires fan, I've used it for 10 years on my specialty cars. The problem with using it on a small BB screen is it bonds to the display and eventually will become cloudy. Not so much as to block the display but just enough to be annoying. It will also show small swirl marks. Nothing will remove it. Take it from someone who is super picky.

Novus on the other hand will make your display super clear, sparkling clean and there is no downside to using it. You cannot make a mistake with it, and it never leaves any marks behind. It's simply one of those world class products that you wonder how you went without it before. I DO NOT work for them, just a very happy customer.

I would also encourage you to purchase a small package of micro fiber detail cloths at the auto parts to apply the product with. If you already have micro fiber cloths your all set.

Here is a link to amazon for the kit. $18.95 for all three bottles and a polishing cloth.

http://www.amazon.com/Novus-Polish-P.../dp/B0000WUC74

Give this a try, you will not be disappointed.

Hope this has helped you,
    Cheers....

budbundy2001 no está en línea Stack level 2

I read alot of good reviews about Novus. The only problem is that I went to Home Depot and Pepboys today to try and find it and no one has ever heard of it. I did find it pretty easy on Ebay though. Hopefully this stuff works good.

jameskirk no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by BizFox
    Hey all! I protect my Curve with the OEM leather holster attached to my purse. There is also a screenpatronus protector on the lcd itself (hey it's a $600 investment!). I noticed the other day that a slight scratch made its way on the reflective area near the camera behind the device, and it's driving me crazy! Best Skins Ever or the like is not an option (tried that before by following the wet-and-dry instructions to the letter... and well, my old Pearl became a paperweight). I heard about Brasso helping with removing scratches. Will this work on the reflective part near the camera?

Please let me know if it does. If not, I welcome any good alternatives!

Thanks in advance and good day, everyone!
    if you're speaking of the really slight scratch next to the camera hole on the right side and the scratch slants up ... it's on all the curves.