hello all..just wondering if there is a way to save all my contacts to my ... BlackBerry Curve forum

machosos no está en línea Stack level 2

save contacts to sim

Advertisement

hello all..just wondering if there is a way to save all my contacts to my sim???

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    I would like to know how to do it as well.

i know there is a way to do it individually but its a little time consuming to do it all one by one

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    You have to do them 1 by 1. You can copy the entire sim to your address book at one time but to copy from your address book to sim it has to be done individually.

not fun!!!! but thanks for the help!

another question kind of related....is there a way to make it so that all future contacts are saved directly to the sim card???

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I don't believe there is. You'll probably want to remember that each time you add a new contact to the address book, you'll also save it to the sim.

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    No that option isn't available. Also you'll notice that when a contact is transferred to the SIM card it is 1 name 1 number only. 1 name cannot have multiple numbers associated with it.

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    I save my address book with Outlook, and then just reload it on BB.

Try that out instead of saving it on SIM for when you get a new BB.
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Just for future reference, you should sync your contacts to a program like Outlook, or even yahoo. The SIM only saves the Name and Number and it will always default that number to the Work number. More a PITA than anything since then you will need to edit back to the mobile. No other information will be saved which is also another downfall of saving to the SIM. And also there's a 250 contact limit on SIMS.

Do I need to say more?

rprewitt no está en línea Stack level 2
    Its been a while since I have come across this question or situation. Ive always had my contacts sync from the BES server through Outlook, I dont even have to connect to a computer. New Phone? Just activate on the BES server and viola, sync'd personal contacts. Damn I love Exchange

Lefty44 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by reddog187 View Post

Just for future reference, you should sync your contacts to a program like Outlook, or even yahoo. The SIM only saves the Name and Number and it will always default that number to the Work number. More a PITA than anything since then you will need to edit back to the mobile. No other information will be saved which is also another downfall of saving to the SIM. And also there's a 250 contact limit on SIMS.

Do I need to say more?
    QFT

I had this same issue when i got my BB, outlook was the way to go for me i just transfered all my sim card contacts to outlook and then edited all the info from there which was still a PITA to do, but much easier then trying to do it on the phone itself.

manx driver no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    When switching from a Pearl to a Curve, I first did a backup using DM then did a Restore to the Curve. At least I THINK my address completely came over...