Hello. Is there a way to install Russian Input on a T-Mobile Curve? I know ... BlackBerry Curve forum

natan no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Russian Input in BB Curve

Advertisement

Hello. Is there a way to install Russian Input on a T-Mobile Curve? I know that Russian Input exist along with a localized version of Russian OS but I'm interested in keeping my OS and just install an additional input language.

Thanks!

reyes421 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2448519C
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I know in BB Msgr you can change tour input language. I don't know about the phone in general.

bbua88 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Ugh, i've been looking for this for a long time, I need my russian font!!!! lol

Borbor no está en línea Stack level 1
    I'm running OS v4.2.2.180 on T-Mobile and have it with the Russian input enabled - even got 2 options for it - the phonetic (called Русский (United States)) and the regular keyboard layout. You switch between input options pressing ALT and Enter at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by Borbor View Post
    I'm running OS v4.2.2.180 on T-Mobile and have it with the Russian input enabled - even got 2 options for it - the phonetic (called Русский (United States)) and the regular keyboard layout. You switch between input options pressing ALT and Enter at the same time

Which device do you have and which provider?

Any news on this?

Quote Originally Posted by bbua88 View Post
    Any news on this?
    yes. you need to run Application Manager from Desktop Manager. Then choose Russian under Inputs section.

You can also download and install the latest OS from T-mobile's site. Then during the installation when asked to connect the devices, you choose Russian in the list of input languages. works perfectly. You get russian phonetic layout in a addition to traditional russian keyboard layout. hope this helps. let me know if i can help further.

Funny, I tried this, it does show up, but it's only the "support" for Russian characters. I never saw an input option before. Which device are you on?

Quote Originally Posted by bbua88 View Post
    Funny, I tried this, it does show up, but it's only the "support" for Russian characters. I never saw an input option before. Which device are you on?
    i am on 8320. In options>languages do u have Russian as an option?

I'm on the pearl, I think that might be the problem. I had all the possible versions of the software possible, right now I'm running 4.5.0.55(81). I don't think there is a russian input for the pearl just yet...