Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I am in a job that is pretty active and involves me climbing around on ... BlackBerry Curve forum

capdgow no está en línea Stack level 2

Rugged holster for the Curve?

Advertisement

I am in a job that is pretty active and involves me climbing around on ships and boats. Clip-on holsters are no use to me as they invariably end up detaching and my phone ends up in the sea. Can anyone recommend a holster that my belt can go through and that can take a bit of tugging and wetting?

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    Just a suggestion...Instead of clipping your phone where the phone is facing outside of your pants, why don't you try clipping it inward, where the phone is hanging in your pants?

Here are some I've found. I'm sure if you went on eBay, you'd be able to find more at cheaper prices. Try running a google search, too.

http://www.eforcity.com/horizontal-l...a8300lc07.html

http://www.blackberryden.com/crocs.html

http://www.blackberryden.com/ruggedcanvas.html

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyo0tdemon View Post
    Here are some I've found. I'm sure if you went on eBay, you'd be able to find more at cheaper prices. Try running a google search, too.

http://www.eforcity.com/horizontal-l...a8300lc07.html

http://www.blackberryden.com/crocs.html

http://www.blackberryden.com/ruggedcanvas.html
    Kyo,

He wants NON-clip-ons. The 1st and 3d that your have there are clip-ons and, the Croc, I don't know.

How about some type of small fanny pack?
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Kyo,

He wants NON-clip-ons. The 1st and 3d that your have there are clip-ons and, the Croc, I don't know.
    OoOh, my bad. I was just trying to help. Let me see if I can find some other ones for him.

Dan Camacho no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24171C1C

Thumbs up

I am in a job that is pretty active and involves me climbing around on ships and boats. Clip-on holsters are no use to me as they invariably end up detaching and my phone ends up in the sea. Can anyone recommend a holster that my belt can go through and that can take a bit of tugging and wetting?

My favorite is the OtterBox Defender, not completely waterproof but water resistent, the clip also looks more rugged so not to come off so easy. And durabale if dropped.

The link is here.

Edit: I think he would be happy with something that his belt geos through, as long as it doesn't come off. This is not a typical clip on case.

Okay here you go NON CLIP RUGGED HOLSTER

or BlackBerry Full Size AquaPac Case
    Last edited by Dan Camacho; 04-23-2008 at 05:14 PM.
    TelCel - 8300 Curve

Quote Originally Posted by capdgow View Post
    Folks, Just trying to help:

Capdgow says "Clip-ons are no use to me...." - "Can anyone recommend a holster that my belt can go through...."

He wants a case that has a belt LOOP rather than a clip.

I don't know of one - that's why I mentioned fanny pack above (which isn't that either) but it's not a clip and you could crawl around ships and boats with it.

UPDATE: Dan, I understand that the Otterbox has a rugged clip on it - (I just sold a new one a week or so ago so I looked it over pretty well - but it IS a clip and it IS spring-loaded - and it ISN'T what the original poster of this thread asked for asked for.
    Last edited by jblackfish; 04-23-2008 at 05:41 PM.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

TheRiddler no está en línea Stack level 5
    Just my two cents but I think you need to lighten up. Yes the original poster said no clip ons but they were still trying to help. Criticizing their posts and inferring they cannot read is not really in the spirit of what this board is about. Someone else could easily read this thread and find great use out of the other poster's comments/suggestions.

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    I am a volunteer fireman and have the same concerns I use a Lowepro Camera case I got from Staples, It is thick enough to protect it pretty good, it has a velco release for the belt loop that has a snap backup on top of that. And has a Memory card pocket down the front, Under the flap next to the camer, I put a Magnet in there and it acts just like a BB holster. It fits the Curve perfectly. I tried to find it on Staples site, but that one ie not listed, I saw one in there yesterday at my local one. they run about 15.99
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

Quote Originally Posted by TheRiddler View Post
    Just my two cents but I think you need to lighten up. Yes the original poster said no clip ons but they were still trying to help. Criticizing their posts and inferring they cannot read is not really in the spirit of what this board is about. Someone else could easily read this thread and find great use out of the other poster's comments/suggestions.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I think I got caught up in it from the 1st reply which offered 2 cases, both with clips, and a croc. I was trying to steer the answers in the right direction. My only defense is that the rules ask that we "Make relevant, meaningful posts." Certainly none of us do this all the time, least of all me.

Maybe I WAS a little overzealous. If so, my apologies to all.

Dan Camacho no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24171C1C

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. I think I got caught up in it from the 1st reply which offered 2 cases, both with clips, and a croc. I was trying to steer the answers in the right direction. My only defense is that the rules ask that we "Make relevant, meaningful posts." Certainly none of us do this all the time, least of all me.

Maybe I WAS a little overzealous. If so, my apologies to all.
    Thanks for the clarification, and there was nor are any hard feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by pda.teck View Post
    I am a volunteer fireman and have the same concerns I use a Lowepro Camera case I got from Staples, It is thick enough to protect it pretty good, it has a velco release for the belt loop that has a snap backup on top of that. And has a Memory card pocket down the front, Under the flap next to the camer, I put a Magnet in there and it acts just like a BB holster. It fits the Curve perfectly. I tried to find it on Staples site, but that one ie not listed, I saw one in there yesterday at my local one. they run about 15.99
    Now that is thinking out of the box. Good suggestion.
    TelCel - 8300 Curve

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Great suggestion! What model of Lowepro is it that you're using? There are tons of them on their web site. I'm assuming you're using some sort of pouch?

Thanks in advance.

Roger

PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Great suggestion! What model of Lowepro is it that you're using? There are tons of them on their web site. I'm assuming you're using some sort of pouch?

Thanks in advance.

Roger
    I tried to find the modle number and could not, I didn't see it on staples site I will check a little harder and see if I can find it and post it, I love this case.
    It is simalar to the Item 357526 Model 34711, BUT the one I have has a Flap that felcos over the phone, the one listed on the site opens with e Zipper, I actully looked at that one for my 8800, but didn't want to drag my screen accross the zipper. The one I use the whole curve sits down in it, and the flap covers it.
    Last edited by pda.teck; 04-25-2008 at 03:34 PM.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

PIN/ID
    210DAC53
    OK this is better then trying to discribe it

On the first one it shows the belt loop with the reinfocing snap

OK I think I found it on another site. its a Lowepro Rezo 15
    http://stores.channeladvisor.com/sel...?itemid=617220
    this looks like it is the right case, Staples only had them on Black, I can confirm this on the way home later today.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by pda.teck; 04-25-2008 at 03:43 PM.
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    OK this is better then trying to discribe it

On the first one it shows the belt loop with the reinfocing snap

OK I think I found it on another site. its a Lowepro Rezo 15
    http://stores.channeladvisor.com/sel...?itemid=617220
    this looks like it is the right case, Staples only had them on Black, I can confirm this on the way home later today.
    Excellent. Thanks much.

Do you think there is enough wiggle room for a Seidio (rubberized) encased Curve to fit in?

Roger

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast