Hi In the last couple of weeks the rubber has started lifting off the plastic ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Elcuolo no está en línea Stack level 1

rubber coming off the top of 8310

Advertisement

Hi

In the last couple of weeks the rubber has started lifting off the plastic from the top of my 8310 (the bit where the GPS sign is) have many people experienced the same problem?

My phone normally is in its holster in my pocket but I wouldn't expect the rubberized part of the exterior to be coming off with normal use.

Thanks in advance.

Elcuolo

Alienwhere no está en línea Stack level 2
    Mine is doing this already, my bro-in-law's is completely gone - he's constantly ripping it in and out of his holster.

You'd think RIM would have used a hard plastic on that part, knowing how many people would use holsters, you know? Sure, the rubber feels all nice, but seriously, it looks terrible.

END OF LINE

phamtastic83 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Mine is in the process of being torn off.

DeputyPS no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249EF7BC
    Almost all gone on mine too ...

rpjohs no está en línea Stack level 2
    mine started peeling, so i peeled it completely off, and shined it up a bit. Now it looks normal.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax
    Sometimes I don't think they R&D the sureface materials much with some products.

VW had a rubberized coating on some of the interior surfaces in the 99-05 Jettas and Golfs which would peel off like a Molting skin after a while. This coating feels a lot like it.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

Alienwhere no está en línea Stack level 2
    rpjohs - I'll likely end up doing the exact same thing when I reach the point where I can't take it anymore.

END OF LINE

Elcuolo no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks guys - now the burning question..... Has anyone succesfully managed to get this repaired under warranty?

Thanks

Eddie

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

sDOTmelfi no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    32c3a2e5
    i never tried to get it repaired, but if you just peel the rest of it off it looks fine. you can't really notice any difference unless you are looking for it.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax
    I doubt they're going to warranty something that doesn't affect the phone working. They'll probably chalk that one up to "normal wear and tear". I use the leather slip holster and a BSE, so I don't have any issues with it.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.