Ok i really want to watch steaming vidoes on my 8300 im kind of new ... BlackBerry Curve forum

poloimposter no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240DB952

RTSP m.youtube.com??? Help Please

Ok i really want to watch steaming vidoes on my 8300 im kind of new to everything either that or i'm a slow learner. i tried using mobile youtube but when I try it i get a notification that "A problem has occured while trying to render the page" So I went to the help on youtube and it says the phone must have RTSP capabilities and the carrier must allow you to stream video. Can qanybody please help me I want to be streaming video by tonight peopleeeee. Thanks

tj2311111 Guest

Re: RTSP m.youtube.com??? Help Please

You cant stream Youtube videos on a BB, at least not yet. Cant even use the mobile version either.

You can use a site called tinytube.net though to watch videos.....

poloimposter no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240DB952

I was trying to think of the name of that too i couldn't remember it thanks for reminding. any word on any updates on the streaming video or is it like that cause its not running on the 3G network. Cause I use ATT

tj2311111 Guest

Well I think you need a flash player to stream videos off the web and the BB's dont have a flash player. Your gonna have to wait until they release a software update with flash player (if at all, who knows) or until the new BB devices come out with it, to watch streaming video. The Iphone cant even stream videos, only reason it gets Youtube is the videos are formated for that device through their "relationship".

grandview no está en línea Stack level 2

rtsp and BlackBerries

The BlackBerry video codec is an Intel mpeg4 codec and it has some limitations, one is related to frame recogition. Rtsp on handhelds is different from rtsp used on the wired Internet.

If you are interested streaming UGC content you could check out www.mymovy.com.