so i've used the media manager many times and now i can't get it to ... BlackBerry Curve forum

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

Roxio Media Manager 9 issue

Advertisement

so i've used the media manager many times and now i can't get it to even open up...i have the latest DM with MM9 and latest OS from t-mo...any ideas on why i can't get MM9 to open and stop giving me runtime errors...i've uninstalled and re-installed numerous times and am going to currently try uninstalling DM and then going into my C drive to get rid of MM9...any help would appreciated

Nwbmonkey no está en línea Stack level 1
    Ditto

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Had the same issue several months ago, did everything just like you. Eventually had to erase things manually and re-install. (Just as you said you were going to do.) Good luck! Don't know why it happened. Maybe someone will enlighten us.
    Last edited by Jbee; 05-06-2008 at 04:32 PM.

saicho no está en línea Stack level 1
    since you mentioned that it was working previously, did you install anything or run any registry cleaner recently?

RoxioSupport no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi Magellan, et al –

Looks like you may need to perform a clean installation of the Media Manager 9:

http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/WinOnCD/000086CR

While the instructions are for Easy Media Creator, they’ll work just as well if you use “Media Manager” as the application.

Also, Saicho makes a great point about registry cleaners or applications that “optimize” your registry. These utilities can corrupt installations of some software, so use them carefully.

Hope this helps,

Jon
    Roxio Support
    Last edited by RoxioSupport; 04-11-2008 at 02:35 PM. Reason: added html <font> and <spanning> data

fstbusa no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3054210e
    I've tried this 3 times and doesn't seem to work. I remember reading something out the media manager being in conflict with something about IE7 and windows media player 11.

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27
    this bites...i am | | far away from backing up my data and doing a reformat/re-install ...but something easier would be much appreciated