I just downloaded the desktop mgr with Roxio. Am I wrong for assuming that Roxio ... BlackBerry Curve forum

skandl no está en línea Stack level 2

roxio and media conv and viewing??

Advertisement

I just downloaded the desktop mgr with Roxio. Am I wrong for assuming that Roxio will auto-convert the media files for viewing on the BB curve. I can see the files on Roxio desktop mgr but once I go into the BB and turn off mass media I get an error that the media is not supported. any help or links to threads would be much appreciated.

Just upgraded to the curve from the pearl I love the phone but just want to get my media transfer working.

rmarkowitz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

Re: roxio and media conv and viewing??

Also curious about this.

What video formats does the BB Media Player support? AVI, MP4, MPG, WMV...? The Roxio media manager seems to have a built-in function for converting video files during txfer to the BB. What conversion is taking place?

I've copied a couple of 50mb test AVI video files directly to my 2gb MicroSD card and had trouble playing them. Using the Roxio Media Manager it took a long time to process a mere 50mb video file and it got an insufficient memory error halfway thru the process.

devilsadidas no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

Not exactly sure how or how well roxio's conveter works, have read some that use it but I use seabyrd's free converter. I can't post web links but if you do a google for "free seabyrd blackberry video converter" you should find it. Only things you may want to do it increase audio boost and use a custom screen resolution to get full screen movies. dvd decryptor and dvdshrink work great to get almost any movie to your pc

I figured it out.. it just takes a long time for an AVI to be converted and uploaded..I guess I was not waiting long enough. but I have now been able to convert and upload. Roxio makes it easy just on my computer it takes a little bit to do the auto conversion.

any idea how to reset your phone security password???

telacomes no está en línea Stack level 1
    skandl, how long did it take to convert the 50mb file?