Results 1 to 14 of 14

Ok. So, I am sure you are all excited to jump on the curve! For ... BlackBerry Curve forum

  1. #1
    johnnywhojr's Avatar
    johnnywhojr no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PIN/ID
    206B9510
    Posts
    72

    Rogers Upset

    Advertisement



    Ok. So, I am sure you are all excited to jump on the curve! For you american users enjoy it. You get all the features of this fabulous new device. Well, here is the kick in the balls for us up in Canada using Rogers. Inside word is that the Rogers Curve will be an 8800 version of the pearl. Nothin fancy, no extras, no nothing at all. Kinda retarded having an extra large pearl! So for you Rogers customers out there trying to make a choice between 8800 and 8300, they are basically the same device as each other. 1 with a camera and 1 with GPS. Again kinda pointless!
    JohhnyWhoJr

    "Proud owner of the 8110"

  2. #2
    reddog187's Avatar
    reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Posts
    8,907

    Re: Rogers Upset

    I'm not sure what you're getting at? These are 2 completely different models.
    *confused*

  3. #3
    cliffr39's Avatar
    cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME
    Posts
    3,064

    Re: Rogers Upset

    The 8300 aka Curve is coming to Rogers http://www.rim.com/news/press/2007/p..._2007-01.shtml
    not sure about the other 83xx models. It will be the same as the one we just got on at&t since it is the same model number (8300).
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

  4. #4
    Einherjer's Avatar
    Einherjer no está en línea Stack level 5
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    842

    Re: Rogers Upset

    It's coming in June at Rogers and it will have Wifi.

  5. #5
    evilhomer's Avatar
    evilhomer no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    PIN/ID
    24063991
    Posts
    136

    Re: Rogers Upset

    The 8800 and Curve are NOT the same device. That's like saying the 8525 and the 8125 are the same device. Can't tell whether your pissed becasue you think you AREN'T getting it in Canada or pissed because you ARE.
    Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand. -Homer

  6. #6
    cliffr39's Avatar
    cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME
    Posts
    3,064

    Re: Rogers Upset

    Quote Originally Posted by Einherjer
    It's coming in June at Rogers and it will have Wifi.
    really? I only read a release from RIM saying the Curve was coming to Rogers. The one with wifi is not the 8300/Curve so didn't know about it coming in June
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

  7. #7
    reddog187's Avatar
    reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Posts
    8,907

    Re: Rogers Upset

    *still confused*

    I can't tell if johnnywhojr is mad or just misinformed about the different models.

    And the specs in the news release didn't say anything about WiFi on it.

  8. #8
    johnnywhojr's Avatar
    johnnywhojr no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PIN/ID
    206B9510
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by reddog187
    *still confused*

    I can't tell if johnnywhojr is mad or just misinformed about the different models.

    And the specs in the news release didn't say anything about WiFi on it.
    Hey man not mad or misinformed about the models. I was mearly mentioning th facts direct from rogers as I work for them. My point was just the fact of so much hype for nothing special. Our canadian version will not have gps or wifi, unlike the at&t or t-mobile versions.

  9. #9
    sinkers's Avatar
    sinkers no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    242

    Re: Rogers Upset

    Quote Originally Posted by johnnywhojr
    Hey man not mad or misinformed about the models. I was mearly mentioning th facts direct from rogers as I work for them. My point was just the fact of so much hype for nothing special. Our canadian version will not have gps or wifi, unlike the at&t or t-mobile versions.
    As far as I am aware the AT&T or T-Mobile versions of the Curve do not have GPS or wifi either - so I am still confused with your comments
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    OS upgrades are phone dependent NOT carrier dependent

  10. #10
    angeleyes's Avatar
    angeleyes no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    PIN/ID
    2404A818
    Posts
    175

    Re: Rogers Upset

    my Curve doesn't have WiFi or GPS, so not sure what you're upset about? Those things were just speculation until the press release

  11. #11
    johnnywhojr's Avatar
    johnnywhojr no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PIN/ID
    206B9510
    Posts
    72

    Re: Rogers Upset

    OMG.....I'm not upset. Why do people think that I am upset???? I was only stating the downfalls to the canadian version of the curve! But nevermind.
    JohhnyWhoJr

    "Proud owner of the 8110"

  12. #12
    takeshi's Avatar
    takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,305

    Re: Rogers Upset

    An 8300 is an 8300. None of them have WiFi. They are all identical (same as every other current generation BB out there). Devices with different features have different model numbers. The WiFi-equipped 83xx will likely be given the model number 8320.

  13. #13
    sinkers's Avatar
    sinkers no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    242

    Re: Rogers Upset

    Quote Originally Posted by johnnywhojr
    OMG.....I'm not upset. Why do people think that I am upset????
    I am only guessing here, but maybe it was because you used the word "upset" in the title of the thread.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    OS upgrades are phone dependent NOT carrier dependent

  14. #14
    sinkers's Avatar
    sinkers no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    242

    Re: Rogers Upset

    Quote Originally Posted by johnnywhojr
    I was only stating the downfalls to the canadian version of the curve! But nevermind.
    Assuming that the Canadian version of the Curve comes without GPS and Wifi as you say, then it is exactly the same as the US and UK versions - so I still don't see what you are getting at.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    OS upgrades are phone dependent NOT carrier dependent

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •