hey guys first of all i wanna say hi to everyone on this forum, second ... BlackBerry Curve forum

vancouverandy no está en línea Stack level 1

Rogers BB 8300

Advertisement

hey guys first of all i wanna say hi to everyone on this forum, second of all i have a bb 8300 from rogers and i bought it 2nd hand and had it unlocked and before i even had it unlocked it has no browser sign on it and also whenever i hit some of the options including voice dialing it says "Voice Dialing has been disabled by your system administator" anyone have any idea why its doing all of this? is there anyone of getting it fixed? thanks in advance

Andy

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Rogers BB 8300

Download JL_Cmder and try the resettofactory option (#5). NOTE: This may wipe your device - I haven't tried it yet!

If that doesn't do it, use the wipe option (#4) to completely wipe the device of the OS, and then download and install either the latest OS from your provider, or the latest OS available (currently v4.2.2.184 available from Singapore Telecom Mobile Pte Ltd and
    Telkomsel Indonesia. Remember to rename or delete C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\Vendor.xml.
    JerryD

vancouverandy no está en línea Stack level 1

thanks for all the info, is there anyone that can show me step by step instructions to reinstall the OS thanks in advnace

Andy

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

1. Download and install Desktop Manager 4.3 from here. During the installation, select a Custom Setup. I suggest NOT installing Media Manager, and assuming you're NOT on a Corporate BES (BlackBerry Enterprise Server), select BlackBerry Internet Service at the Integration Options page. Do NOT select Run On Startup (you don't need it).
    2. Download and install the latest OS for your device from your provider's site. Most provider's sites can be found here. If your provider isn't listed there, try here.
    3. Connect your device to your. Wait for Windows to say that the hardware is ready to be used. Once Windows says the hardware is ready to use, run Desktop Manager. If your device has a password, a window should pop up asking for that password. Enter it and click OK.
    4. Desktop Manager should now display Device Connected (PIN): XXXXXXXX (where XXX is your device's PIN). If it doesn't, click on OPTIONS, then on CONNECTION SETTINGS, and then on the Detect button in the window that pops up. If the device is not detected, just continue anyway.
    5. Click on Application Loader and follow the wizard to update your OS. If your device wasn't detected, follow the instructions here.
    6. If the device is continuously rebooting or reboots and immediately comes up to a Java error which prevents the OS from loading, download and install JL_Cmder and use the Wipe command and proceed to step ?.
    Good luck!
    JerryD