Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hey sorry if this has been answered but is there a way to make ringtones ... BlackBerry Curve forum

toomuchgame441 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30457A4C

Ringtones for curve?

Advertisement

Hey sorry if this has been answered but is there a way to make ringtones on the Curve itself or with the software cd? I don't want to have to use the recorder to make ringtones. So is there a way to make this possible?

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Tuneusin.com (pc) or Tuneusin.com/mobi (mobile)
    You can download songs straight to you phone with the mobile site.

PIN/ID
    30457A4C
    Do you or anyone else have any good mobile sites that work well on the curve? I use to use funformobile.com but for some reason when I searh a song/artist nothing comes up.

prettyhnic23 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I use cool edit pro . I edit the part i want to use and save as mp3 .. then load the mp3 into my micro sd . simple *

PIN/ID
    30457A4C
    That sounds like the type of program I'd use. Do you have have a link or URL for that pro?
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

eazid no está en línea Stack level 4
    I use Audacity. Powerful. Free. Simple. I make all of my ringtones. This program is great. Everyone SHOULD know about it. http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
    "Who Dares Wins"

thymaster no está en línea Stack level 3
    The administor of funformobile blocked out copyrighted titles from the search engine because of legal stuff. The songs you're looking for are likely there but you have to go through each users blog to fine what your looking for. Funformobile has the most extensive ringtones and screensaver library then any other sites.

I also use rumkin to upload my own ringtones that I make.

Quote Originally Posted by toomuchgame441 View Post
    Do you or anyone else have any good mobile sites that work well on the curve? I use to use funformobile.com but for some reason when I searh a song/artist nothing comes up.

marcan1984 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    244D5F94
    Tuneusin/mobile is great, thanks a bunch
    Quote Originally Posted by macallik View Post

PIN/ID
    244D5F94
    Tuneusin/mobile is great, thanks a bunch
    Quote Originally Posted by macallik View Post

PIN/ID
    244D5F94
    This is what happens when u r half asleep at 6:00a.m.Double posting, LOL so sorry~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    30457A4C
    Thanks guys. I used audacity a while ago but more for voice recording purposes. I think ill give that a go. Thanks again
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

ShellyTunes no está en línea Stack level 1
    There is also a website called Phonezoo or myxertones ...although myxertones recently banned verizon customers to geting their songs... gah!

karileeo86 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Does anyone know why MyXertones banned verizon? I'm luckily on the sprint network so no problems for me but the same can't be said for most of my friends who can't get any songs~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Krazy Kat no está en línea Stack level 3
    I would imagine it is because Verizon wants people to buy ringtones from them and not get any for free. Verizon does this with various sites with myxertones just being one of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by karileeo86 View Post
    Does anyone know why MyXertones banned verizon? I'm luckily on the sprint network so no problems for me but the same can't be said for most of my friends who can't get any songs~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

bak9799 no está en línea Stack level 1
    You can use iTunes! Another member posted this, can't remember his name but he is the one to credit for the How-to.

This process is one that iPhone owners use to make free ringtones for our iPhones, but with one less step, you can also create ringtones for your BB.

While I know there are other audio editing and cutting software out there, this tutorial is for the people already using iTunes.

Make sure you have the newest iTunes! (currently 7.6.2.9)

1. Choosing: Find a song in your iTunes library and find a 30 second or less timeframe that you would like to be your ringtone.

2. Editing: Right click that song, and click Get Info.

3. Editing some more: Click the Options tab and enter the Start and Stop times for your ringtone. Make sure the boxes next to them are checked. Click OK.

4. Converting: Right click the song again and click Convert Selection to AAC. iTunes will make a brand new file with the same name, that should only be the length of the selection you made in step 3.

5. Saving: Right click the new file and click Show in Windows Explorer. Copy this file into your BB ringtones folder.

6. Restoring: Go back to the original song and uncheck the Start and Stop options, so your full song plays again. You can delete the ringtone off of your iTunes library if needed, just save the file itself.

This is a pretty simple process, it might be a bit confusing at first but soon you'll be making ringtones in under a minute. It requires no additional software if you're already using iTunes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast