HAS anyone purchased this program?? i downloaded the BETA version and i was a little ... BlackBerry Curve forum

alex003 no está en línea Stack level 3

Lightbulb RINGO for BB

HAS anyone purchased this program?? i downloaded the BETA version and i was a little iffy about it. I want to be able to change the SMS and email tones for diffrent contacts, and RINGO is the program to do so. Unfortunately, it was a little weird when i attempted to use the BETA version.

So ... has anyone used the V.1??

Let me know.

azcoyotedog no está en línea Stack level 1
    I tried using Ringo for my BlackBerry Curve 8320 and have come to the conclusion that it would be better to use the Profile Options in my BlackBerry than to purchase Ringo.
    This workaround will allow you to have specific alerts for email and messages from specific senders: (Works with OS 4.2 and above)

1. Go to Profiles on your BlackBerry and create a new custom profile, naming it the name of your targeted sender.
    2. Edit and change the Messages, Level 1 Messages, MMS, Phone and SMS notifications for this profile to the custom ringtones you prefer for this contact. Don't worry about changing things like Calendar, Messenger Alerts and Tasks don't matter for individual users.
    3. Once all of your ringtone settings are set for the new custom profile, save the changes. Now you will be back to your Profiles list and will see your custom profile listed there with the standard ones.
    4. Now wheel click and select New Exception.
    5. Title the exception whatever you want (would be smart to name it again the name of that particular contact).
    6. In the FROM line, click the trackwheel or trackball and select the user from your address book. They should now show in your From line.
    7. Scroll down and change the Use Profile option from Active Profile to your newly created custom group.
    8. You may remove the check box from "Custom Phone Tune" if you already have a custom phone tune for this contact, or leave it and set it in the new custom profile as well.
    9. Save the changes. Note: If you already have a exception in your Profiles for this user, clear that checkmark.

Hope this helps!