I've just got the blackberry curve and the speaker sounds really distorted at times. Not ... BlackBerry Curve forum

bigblue95z no está en línea Stack level 3

Ringing speaker distorted

Advertisement

I've just got the blackberry curve and the speaker sounds really distorted at times. Not all the time just every once in a while(1 out of every 6-7 times I ring). I know it does it and never when I want. I don't want to be stuck getting a refurb so how should I go about getting this one replaced. I've only had it a couple weeks now. Should I take it back with my concern or are they going to tell me to fly a kite if they don't hear it? Thanks for the advise!

Jason

Blackberry079 no está en línea Stack level 3
    It could be a blowned speaker so the only way to hear it. Which is to turn the volume up when present at AT&T. They just might give you a new one or use your upgrade your BB

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Re: Ringing speaker distorted

Hello bigblue95z and Welcome to PinStack! If this is something you are not satisfied with on your Curve then definitely take it back to ATT and get it replaced. They will replace it for you within your 30 days and you tell them the reason. If they give you a hard time make them listen to it. Don't let a salesperson there give you a hard time as they sometimes might try to. You have the right to exchange it if it is defective and this sounds like a possible defect but try different ringtones and music on it to be sure.
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

Will I need to take it back to the store I got it from? I am 3hrs away at school for at least another 2-3wks. Plus, when they upgraded they put me on the wrong minute plan, wrong data plan, charged an upgrade fee when they told me it was waived, and told me that the ATT customer service person I talked to was "bottom of the barrel" because I called on Saturday(a couple days after when I noticed what I was signed up for on att.com). I filed a complaint with ATT about how the paperwork I signed doesn't match what they signed me up for. I'd rather not have to go back if I can avoid it at all costs. But if I don't have a choice. Thanks for the welcome!!!

Jason

eileenjoy no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    240633A7

Do you have your receipt and the box? If you do you can go to any AT&T store that's close to ya.

Good luck!

Have box with no UPC(mailed for rebate) and a photocopy of the original reciept. Think that's good enough?

iridemybike no está en línea Stack Professional

Here's the deal on returns. You have 30 days from day of purchase to return it for any reason, it helps if you can duplicate in the store but if you can't it doesn't matter in the first 30 days, if some sales guy doesn't want to play along don't take any crap, they should take it back.

As for where you take it back to, a couple of things you need to know:
    1. Did you buy at a Corporate Store or an Agent Store? If you bought at a corporate store, you can take it back to any corporate store. If you bought at an Agent Store you have to go back to that store.

2. Bring your receipt and the box. They may charge you a restocking fee(especially at an Agent Store, not sure about corporate) since the box has already been cut up and you'll likely have to have to re-send for your rebate since your new phones IMEI on the account is going to be different than the IMEI on the rebate form. The restock fee is because AT&T charges the dealer for anything missing from the box when it is returned to AT&T.

Sorry you got a bad sales rep and had the bad experience, there's really no excuse for that kind of incompetence in this business. Post if you have any other questions or feel free to PIN me(see my profile for the number).

Good luck.

Tucker <- AT&T Sales rep in an agent store.

ZippyTheWheel no está en línea Stack level 1

This happens when you move the trackball as the phone is ringing. Dont know how to fix it, but this is the cause.