Anyone know how you can have the same ringer ID for callers play for their ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Typhoid no está en línea Stack level 2

Ringer ID for SMS?

Advertisement

Anyone know how you can have the same ringer ID for callers play for their text messages?

ma077146 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3019F3E6

Re: Ringer ID for SMS?

I don't think it can be done, at least not with the native OS and apps available. You can edit any profile to give a unique tone for each email account, but there is only one option for SMS tone.

It's different than receiving a call, which can be compared to entries in your address book.

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

Yep... only one Profile setting for SMS... not individualized like a phone call from that number is

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~yeah because everything comes through as a standard message. Unlock a normal phone which when you flip it open it'll say "1 new text from 'Bobby" our phones just recognize the message not the sender until you open the messages folder

Zbats no está en línea Stack level 3

There is a way...

It involves creating a new profile for each person you want to have ring different...

Let me know if you are interested, and I will look for the directions. I have them written down somewhere. I did this because I get alerts every day that I don't need the tone for. So they don't make any noise. But all my other texts ring as usual.

I don't know the directions off hand, but I do have them at home... If you are interested, I will look for them and post them.

lrspray no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20D3AAA8

im intersted. tell me directions on how to do that please

Quote Originally Posted by Zbats View Post
    There is a way...

It involves creating a new profile for each person you want to have ring different...

Let me know if you are interested, and I will look for the directions. I have them written down somewhere. I did this because I get alerts every day that I don't need the tone for. So they don't make any noise. But all my other texts ring as usual.

I don't know the directions off hand, but I do have them at home... If you are interested, I will look for them and post them.

Typhoid no está en línea Stack level 2

Yes, please. I am very interested in see this.

Zbats no está en línea Stack level 3

When in Profiles... 1. Select :Advanced 2. New Profile 3. Name: (Name the profile, I use the person's name) 4. Select the tones you want for each event for that person: phone, mms, sms, etc... 5.Save 6. Then: While in profiles... 7. Select: New Exception 8. Name: Same name you used to name the profile 9. Use Profile: select the profile you created in the first step 10. Uncheck the box for custom phone tune 11.Save ........Now I would love to give credit to the person who figured this out, but I only printed out the instructions when I found them, and not the name of the person. So, thanks to that person! Hopefully this will work as well for you as it did for me. I'M REALLY SORRY ABOUT THE FORMATTING. For some reason it won't stay in the list format that I typed it in. I tried to number the steps. If it's too hard to read, let me know and maybe I can email the steps.
    Last edited by Zbats; 11-03-2007 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Formatting way off