I have had my Curve for a couple of months now but 2 times in ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Bunky1267 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Ring tone problem

Advertisement

I have had my Curve for a couple of months now but 2 times in the last week I would look and I would have missed calls, Then after checking my ring tone isn't ringing, and I have to pull the battery to get it to start ringing again,

Anyone have any idea's on why this does this ???

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    what operating system are you running?
    can you simply play a media file after you notice your phone acting this way?
    I recently had an issue running OS 4.5.0.160 (from telus) and BBM 5.0 it would tell me that my media processor was busy when I tried to play a media file (after I noticed that my rings were not working) It would play the rings for a little while after a battery pull but after a little while it would just stop playing them all together...
    my solution was found when I downgraded to a different OS 4.5.0.138...
    but of course I had issues with that one as well (memory leak and SEVERE battery drain) so I found a different 4.5.0.160 OS (from alltel) and I have been doing good ever since

let us know what OS and exact model you are using though, if possible fill out the info in your user profile so people can be of more help
    I'm here for ya !

it would work for a while
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

bklynberry no está en línea Stack level 1
    i have OS 4.5 and this will happen to me too or sometimes itll ring for literally half a second and cut off

I would recommend trying a different version of OS 4.5...
    Are you using BBM 5.0 or berry buzz?
    I have had issues with BBM 5.0 and certain OS's before. What exact version of 4.5 are you using??
    Opera/9.60 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.2.14320/554; U; en) Presto/2.2.0

O.S 4.5.0.160

it appears I'm running v4.5.0.160 I'm also will alltel

are you running BBM 5.0?
    if so that may be your issue...
    not sure but that's what happened to me. I'd say look for another OS if your running the alltel 4.5.0.160 maybe give the telus 4.5.0.160 a try..
    might work a little bit better for ya
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

Question BBM 5.0

Yes I'm running BBM 5.0
    how do I change this remove and reinstall an older version ??

Also I can use telus even if i'm an alltel user ??

First go into control panel>add remove programs; and remove the OS you have installed on your computer

Then:
    Follow that link under my post that says "list of OS's by carrier" (or whatever the exact wording is) and go to the telus link.
    Download and install on your computer

Then :
    Go to c:\program files\common files\research in motion\app loader\ and remove the vendor.xml file
    (By remove I mean delete. Once the vendor .xml file is removed you can use any carriers OS on your phone, JUST MAKE SURE YOU GET THE OS FOR YOUR MODEL OF BLACKBERRY)

Then open DM (make a backup just in case) and run apploader, it will tell you there are updates to be perfomed on your phone. Hit next through all the pages and it will begin the upgrade to your phone.
    After you should be all good

Let us know if you have any questions.

Question what DM ?

Do I want to use 4.6 4.7 telus or 5.0?

Question Lost ?

Well I deleted my Desktop manager, and the device manager, and the vender file

I then went and installed the Desktop manager 4.6

then I went and installed the telus OS for my model phone,

then I opened desktop manager, backed up and ran app loader but it said nothing about updates

What did I do wrong ??

If you did things in the order you stated you need to go and delete the vendor.xml file again, when you installed the new OS that file was replaced
    Shouldn't matter what desktop manager you use, stick with the one you are currently using.
    Delete that file (again) and you should be good

ron1971 no está en línea Stack level 1

Lightbulb

I have a new curve with Alltel running 4.5 OS and I use the BBM 5.0 also. I had that trouble today and found when I deleted that app that changes the led color for contacts it was fine. My wife runs a new 8130 pearl with 4.5 and BBM 5.0 doesn't have any trouble. Also I switched the sound profile from loud to normal then back again, hope this helps.