Hey addicts, Ive got a Curve on the way(tuesday) and just thought of one of ... BlackBerry Curve forum

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3

Ring sound in BT headset?

Advertisement

Hey addicts,
    Ive got a Curve on the way(tuesday) and just thought of one of the reasons I didnt like the Pearl. When I had my BT headset on, the ringtone would play on the phone, not through my headset. I dont always have my phone on me and I have specific rings set up for groups/people. I like to know when not to answer it. The fact that I had to keep looking at my pearl to see who was calling annoyed me. Also I wouldnt get any alerts in my headset if I got an SMS.

Do you get these confirmations through the BT headset or does it still work the same way on the curve?

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Re: Ring sound in BT headset?

I would imagine it still works the same way but can't confirm it. I know on my 8700c it works that way but my h500 headset has a built in ring tone that goes off when it picks up the incoming call signal from my BB. It won't solve your problem of identifying who is calling you without looking at the unit (unless you get a BT with caller id built in).

Zo.

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by Amigotek
    I would imagine it still works the same way but can't confirm it. I know on my 8700c it works that way but my h500 headset has a built in ring tone that goes off when it picks up the incoming call signal from my BB. It won't solve your problem of identifying who is calling you without looking at the unit (unless you get a BT with caller id built in).

Zo.
    I understand Id still have to look at my phone to see caller ID, not sure why I brought that up. The main thing is, on my N73, I hear the full ringtone on my headset. Even hear the tone I use for SMS and MMS messages. I know I never got any indicator on my headset with the pearl for messages other than on the phone itself. If I have my phone on vibrate, I still want to hear the ringtone on my headpiece. If this all makes sense.

AceBB no está en línea Stack level 3

I have the H700 and the Blackberry headset. The ringtones and MP3 player do not play through the headset. I thought that the media player would work with the new features on the curve but to my surprise I cant get any volume through the bluetooth hook up. Anyone know if maybe I'm doing something wrong?

PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Nokia has been unique from my experience and has always broadcast whatever ringtone is set in the phone (even for individual caller id) to the BT headset. Not sure how they do it or why other companies won't/can't (Motorola defaults back to a default reing tone when you hook a BT to a V3).

Zo.

PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

Ace, I don't think the Curve has AD2P (stereo BT) which is required (unless someone has found a workaround I don't know of) to transmit MP3 over BT.

Zo

Spoke too fast. Curve does have AD2P. Not sure why your BT doesn't receive the audio.
    Last edited by Amigotek; 06-10-2007 at 07:46 PM.

twillingham no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240C83A8

I have plantronics 510 BT headset I use with my curve. However my alerts come throughit for incoming calls but when watching movies it does not. I thought with AD2P I would be able to hear media audio. Am I sadly mistaken or what. HELP me understand~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

gruv15 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2404AE69

Quote Originally Posted by twillingham
    I have plantronics 510 BT headset I use with my curve. However my alerts come throughit for incoming calls but when watching movies it does not. I thought with AD2P I would be able to hear media audio. Am I sadly mistaken or what. HELP me understand~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Hey just wanted to know how you got your alerts to come through the headset. Im using the 510 BT and mine doesnt do that. Let me know what i need to do. Please. Thanks in advance.
    Gruv15
    "Somethings wrong with my phone!!!"
    "Of course there is, it's not a BlackBerry!!!"

Broo no está en línea Stack level 1

I noticed the curve cuts the volume if I am listening to MP3s via A2DP and the ringtone comes through the handset (as a MP3 I selected); if I answer it pauses the music and sends the call through my headphones (Sony SR-BT21G).

I will have to play around more to see if there are other options for rings through the headset...

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I have the H500 and I've only heard the alerts thru mine on a couple of occasions and it was when I had just made the call or actvated the vad and a message came in at the same time.

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

a lot of you are listing headsets that are not compatible with a2dp (music via bt). your handset & your headset must be able to support it.