I dont know about you guys, but I only use AIM messenger and for what ... BlackBerry Curve forum

bluebugangel no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Plz Ask

RIM to allow AIM on the Curve 8310??

Advertisement

I dont know about you guys, but I only use AIM messenger and for what ever reason, RIM does not allow the Curve to download this program. Everyone I know uses AIM and it would be nice to be able to chat through the phone. Does anyone know if this is in the works and if we are going to be able to start using this program??

I7oobie no está en línea Device Pro

Re: RIM to allow AIM on the Curve 8310??

I can use it on my 8320, I think it might be a ATT thing..
    Black G1 w/Root
    JesusFreke's Moddified RC30 v1.3
    Auto-rotate Enabled
    Auto-rotate Browser Enabled
    Manup's Blue Star 5 Theme

peguero no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by I7oobie View Post
    I can use it on my 8320, I think it might be a ATT thing..
    Did I miss something? Chat clients on 8320 use data plan or SMS to communicate?
    5RAWMINUTES!

"Things that you want to change in the world have to start inside yourself. You have to be thinking. You have to be resisting. You have to be talking."
    – George Carlin

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!

Hi - read your AIM complaint - I have a 8310 and downloaded AIM messenger via OTA no problem, and use it daily. The carrier is Vodafone PT - could that be the problem? The carrier ?

iamgoofy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    210ca18d

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i don't have any problem using it threw the oz/messenger! However I can only stay logged into one messenger @ a time on my bb/curve 8310,,,but on my new tilt,,,I can stay logged in on all three,,,yahoo,hotmail and aol

HeyMrRadio no está en línea Themes Pro

This has been covered over and over. ATT is the problem, plain and simple. They wont give customers the service books - to make us use OZ.

Stand-alone chat clients use data. The OZ instant messenger application uses SMS. More money for the company.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Not sure why this is in the news - I thought it was something happening, not just a question

But where is everyone above getting this OZ idea? The poster seems to be talking about the RIM AIM chat client. Yes the AIM chat client is carrier specific. There is a thread around here that has the .cod files and the service book if you wish to try and install it on your BB... it may work for you.

edit: here is the link http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...n_your_bb.html
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

He just posted in the wrong forum and hopefully it will be moved. I think people were bringing OZ up as an alternative to AIM since at&t doesn't support AIM or Yahoo or MSN.....

Zo

PIN/ID
    Plz Ask

Hmmm I am female and I thank you for your input. I do have ATT and that seems to be the problem. I had AIM on all my other phones but I will check into the above link. As for why this was in the news? I followed the directions I was given on how to post a thread. If I am doing it wrong, please clue me in. THX

peguero no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by HeyMrRadio View Post
    This has been covered over and over. ATT is the problem, plain and simple. They wont give customers the service books - to make us use OZ.

Stand-alone chat clients use data. The OZ instant messenger application uses SMS. More money for the company.
    I was just confirming, making sure this was still the deal- there have been a few people out there who got caught without unlimited SMS plans paying ridiculous amounts of money cause of the OZ clients. If you gotta use a AIM/MSN/whatever... BeeJive's JIVETALK
    5RAWMINUTES!

"Things that you want to change in the world have to start inside yourself. You have to be thinking. You have to be resisting. You have to be talking."
    – George Carlin

PIN/ID
    Plz Ask

I have AT&T.