Does anyone know if there is an app I can get to mimic a retro ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jayfitz007 no está en línea Stack level 1

retro keypad

Advertisement

Does anyone know if there is an app I can get to mimic a retro keypad or just a list of what number represents which key on a desk top or a non smart phone? When i call a company and have to type in thier last name to get thier extension the smart phone comes up short.

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Do u mean like 1800-flowers?

If you hold the alt key down while typing in the letters its supposed to put in the correct number for you...
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

sparkyj62 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24acd57e
    Quote Originally Posted by reddrvgon View Post
    Do u mean like 1800-flowers?

If you hold the alt key down while typing in the letters its supposed to put in the correct number for you...
    This does work... atleast on my 8900 it does and i believe it did on my 8320 as well...

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Thanks for the confirmation sparky... never had to use it myself but had read abt it...

The issue I'm on about is when you call a business and you get the automated reception. If you can't get a live person you choose to use the directory. From here you are asked to type in the last name of the person. The system is expecting tones representing the keys you would press on your desk top phone where abc are the #2 key def is the #3 key... My smart phone keypad uses the qwerty format. The phone system has no idea what to do with the tones being emitted.

The only solution I've come across so far is to take a picture of my desk top phone and use it as wall paper( how boring). I'm thinking an app I can call on from one of the smartphone keys on the side of the phone when I need it.

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Yep, hold your alt button down, and hit the letter, and you will get the correct tone for letters.

sparkyj62 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24acd57e
    Sorry jay, I know what you are looking for now but i havent heard of any app like this the only thing i can think of is maybe listing them in ur memo pad, and access that when you do need to.... I know its not exactly what ur looking for but Atleast it will keep the boring phone wall paper off of your phone

PIN/ID
    ask me
    I haven't tried what moto has mentioned above, but it just might work... I remember in another post that there was someone that had saved a pic as well...

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by reddrvgon View Post
    I haven't tried what moto has mentioned above, but it just might work... I remember in another post that there was someone that had saved a pic as well...
    Trust me, it does work. It's worked on every Blackberry I've owned.

PIN/ID
    ask me
    Lol... I believe you moto...

RedNightHawk no está en línea Stack level 3
    What Moto said will work (it's the way I usually use), but for those that still want to know the equivalent numbers you might want to check out Spell'N'Dial (free)

http://store.handango.com/ampp/store...SectionId=6511
    Last edited by RedNightHawk; 03-14-2009 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Swapped URL's to a mod-friendly one

well Spell'N'Dial is only for calling he wants it while he's in the middle of a phone call

PIN/ID
    ask me
    from what moto said, it should work during the call as well...

i cant try it, we have nothing of the sort here in pakistan...
    i see RED...

So I'm onto this now. If I make a memo Pad entry can I directly access it from the quick key on the side of the phone. Not that I'm lazy to go searching for it. traffic and other matters are a little more important than scrolling around through icons and such?