All : I was on BIS and O/S 4.5 with AT&T... Yesterday i got a ... BlackBerry Curve forum

vbaskar no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    243e5ffa

Restore Address Book - Urgent

Advertisement

All : I was on BIS and O/S 4.5 with AT&T...

Yesterday i got a access to my company BES and authorized for corporate emails..So i converted to BES plan..Before i start the BES initilization i took the backup and did WIPE Handheld..

After moved into BES i tried to restore my earlier personal address book from the backup taken through Desktop Manager but in the device the address book is showing disabled...Can you pls help me out as i have a huge amount of phone # stored in there..

Thanks,

Vj
    Vijays
    ----------------------------------
    Now : 8900 (Javelin) - AT&T
    Previous : Curve - 8310 - AT&T
    Previous : 8700c,Palm

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    Quote Originally Posted by vbaskar View Post
    All : I was on BIS and O/S 4.5 with AT&T...

Yesterday i got a access to my company BES and authorized for corporate emails..So i converted to BES plan..Before i start the BES initilization i took the backup and did WIPE Handheld..

After moved into BES i tried to restore my earlier personal address book from the backup taken through Desktop Manager but in the device the address book is showing disabled...Can you pls help me out as i have a huge amount of phone # stored in there..

Thanks,

Vj
    Since your on BES, talk to the BES admin or your local tech and advise them that it is disabled. It should be a change in the options to allow you to enable it. If not, contact them and they should be able to resolve it and get your contacts to your Blackberry.
    Question??? Why did you whip the device from the beginning?? You should not have to whip it to do Enterprise Activation.. They just push the IT policies to your device after the setup is done.......
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

Crackberry @ddict for LIFE..........

PIN/ID
    243e5ffa
    apparently in our organization we need to load the OS and desktop manager again with the version thats custom made...
    Vijays

PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    Quote Originally Posted by vbaskar View Post
    apparently in our organization we need to load the OS and desktop manager again with the version thats custom made...
    Since the OS is "Custom Made", contact your BES Admin/ local tech to further trouble shoot!
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Often times, if you're on a BES, the address book is not available to be restored since they want you to use the BES address book.

It's frustrating, but switching to a BES will lock down a lot of features (at least where I work!)
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    You cannot sync calendar, contacts or anything through DM that is set to sync wireleslly through the BES. You need to import your contacts into your primary contacts folder of the email program being used and it will sync them wireleslly to the phone.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    Quote Originally Posted by KalebsDad78 View Post
    You cannot sync calendar, contacts or anything through DM that is set to sync wireleslly through the BES. You need to import your contacts into your primary contacts folder of the email program being used and it will sync them wireleslly to the phone.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    This is true, but if you use Outlook/ Lotus Notes as your email, then you can sync the address book through desktop manager. You have to search for the names.nsf (Lotus Notes) and sync the contacts that way through Sync/ advance options...
    To do Outlook you can sync the address book, calendar and the to do from the Desktop Manager also... If all this done from the beginning then you can sync wireless and USB (Sync/ Advance options as well).... We have done this at my office/ company for the longest.
    Working with BES, there are allot of features disabled, but if your the admin you can turn them off and on... Whatever your company wants to do, can be done!

PIN/ID
    243e5ffa
    yeah, its frustrating....thinking of restoring onto my old BB and transfer to SIM or something....
    Vijays