I have 6 emails I follow with on my BlackBerry. 4 are gmail, 1 is ... BlackBerry Curve forum

misterrx no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31A53A3E

resolve default email

Advertisement

I have 6 emails I follow with on my BlackBerry. 4 are gmail, 1 is xyz@vzw.blackberry.net, and one other from a different domain.
    Everytime I compose an email, it changes what my default is. I have gone to options>adv options>default serv> chose the same gmail account for calendar and email.
    What am I missing or doing wrong. I know I can pull down the list each time I send a new email, but that gets time consuming and frustrating.
    "How am I supposed to know? I don't even remember what I had for breakfast."

BB VZW 8330 Curve 4.5.0.77
    PIN is in Profile

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    goto Options/Advanced/Default Services

You can figure out from there.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

PIN/ID
    31A53A3E
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinks View Post
    goto Options/Advanced/Default Services

You can figure out from there.
    Thanks sirthinks, but as mentioned above I have already done that from day one and the default still does not remain on the default setting as we both stated.

PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Try going into your Messaging application....

Click the berry button, select options/email settings

Select the email address you want to have as the default from the Message Services list.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

PIN/ID
    31A53A3E
    Yep went to options and verified settings and reconciliation. All it does is change some settings for each address like confirm read or ask for a return receipt. Also allows you to set handheld emails vs. Pc emails how they match up and way they delete on both or each.

Thanks so far. Please don't stop the ideas. I have done a search on google and a few forums before I posted. I would rather repeat the action and make sure I did not miss anything or make a mistake.

Please keep them coming.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    31A53A3E
    I think what is happening is it is using whatever address I sent a previous email from.
    No matter what I set as default correctly, it will still use last address sent from. So I think I may be up a creek with broken paddles. I have to make sure to set which email I want to use each time if I change sent from in a previous email.

Does this make sense??

Is this what happens to everyone?

PIN/ID
    2831A313
    I had the same problem before. But after I changed the settings under options in email it stopped happening. Sorry dude, I am out of ideas.

PIN/ID
    31A53A3E
    I am befuddled also.
    Thanks again for the ideas!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

kenvan60 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23f4e3a6
    I suppose you've already done a battery pull and resent the service books.

PIN/ID
    31A53A3E
    Quote Originally Posted by kenvan60 View Post
    I suppose you've already done a battery pull and resent the service books.
    Yep. Been there and done that.
    I think it is just an os issue that most people use 1 main email address and don't switch around which one they send from like I do.

Basically if I send from a different address it keeps that one until I switch to another. It os very strange and goes against the setting a default email.

chuckster no está en línea Stack level 1

A little knowledge is dangerous!

Referring to Me!
    I have had Hotmail pushed to my 8330 with no issues from last November.
    I ran across, on a Microsoft site, that now, I could use Windows Live Mail on my
    Blackberry. I use windows live hotmail on my PC and it's great, all new with many
    handy apps.
    So I began the process of making a lot of mistakes, none of which was too bad
    but aggravating. All I want to do is replace the drab text only hotmail with the
    Newer Windows Live Hotmail. Sounds simple doesn't it?
    Well I wound up with two hotmails, both the same, and the two of them fight all
    the time.
    When I'm on my PC a message comes up saying "you have been signed out of
    messenger by another device" something like that.
    Microsoft keeps sending me "fixes" that don't help anything. I explained that Microsoft said "You can use all of the wonderful features of Live on your Blackberry Curve. This is fairly new so I don't they know what's going on either.
    I know, it sounds like bells and whistels but the newer hotmail has a lot more.
    Any advice would be helpful. I have had BlackBerry since Nov 07, Pearl and Curve
    so I'm not exactly a newbie but.........
    OS 4.5.51 Sprint PCS