I have an 8310 on TMO using (platform Lately when I do a ... BlackBerry Curve forum

manx driver no está en línea Stack level 3
    ask me

Question requested a http connection to

I have an 8310 on TMO using (platform

Lately when I do a battery pull, after coming back on, my BB is giving me the following message "requested a http connection to Allow this connection; Deny this connection."

This is a recent change, and I can't associate it with any particular change in software, etc.

Not knowing who is, I am hesitant to Allow, so I have been choosing Deny with no apparent negative results. I have gone to on my desktop, and I get a page that states: "This page is used to test the proper operation of the Apache HTTP server after it has been installed. If you can read this page it means that the Apache HTTP server installed at this site is working properly."

Any words of wisdom? Should I just Allow, or should I Deny permanently?

Thanks in advance!

Bla1ze no está en línea Stack level 3
    Well, the ip address resolves to Datarealm....which is a web hosting provider..

their website is @

The whois record reflects this...

IP Location: United States Datarealm Internet Services Inc IP Address: Blacklist Status: Clear
    Whois Record

OrgName: Datarealm Internet Services, Inc.
    OrgID: DIS-91
    Address: PO Box 1616
    City: Hudson
    StateProv: WI
    PostalCode: 54016

NetRange: -
    NetName: SERVE-BLK-1
    NetHandle: NET-65-23-128-0-1
    Parent: NET-65-0-0-0-0
    NetType: Direct Allocation
    NameServer: NS1.SERVE.COM
    NameServer: NS2.SERVE.COM
    RegDate: 2003-03-14
    Updated: 2004-07-29

RTechHandle: HOSTM175-ARIN
    RTechName: R
    RTechPhone: +1-602-850-4044

OrgAbuseHandle: HOSTM175-ARIN
    OrgAbuseName: R
    OrgAbusePhone: +1-602-850-4044

OrgTechHandle: HOSTM175-ARIN
    OrgTechName: R
    OrgTechPhone: +1-602-850-4044

Personally...i'd block it perm. especially if you have done nothing nor know of anything that would be communicating with that site, also I'd get in touch with the email address to possibly file an ip abuse case, but that's just me being a curious person and wanting to know the real deal there lol.
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 07-02-2008 at 04:02 AM.

kasl33 no está en línea Stack level 2
    The Apache page is just a temporary page that is created when you do a fresh install of the Apache Web Server. That page won't harm you. However, that is not to say that the page will change to something later that is dangerous or fatal - however I kind of doubt it.

In fact, the ISP probably, since they use a domain name, just left that page there since the website won't generally be accessed by its IP address.

My wild guess is that maybe, since the DNS resolves to an Internet Service Provider (ISP) that maybe (possibly?) this could be an IP that your phone uses to format web pages in the browser - kind of like a proxy server.

As I said though, that is just a wild guess (the 3rd paragraph).
    Last edited by kasl33; 07-02-2008 at 12:01 PM.

Julian22 no está en línea Stack level 2

Proxpro Prompt: http connection

I wish I'd seen this post earlier. The HTTP request to was from a product called "Prompt" - A GPS Calendar, that tells you when to hit the road so you arrive on time every time. The software solution is built by a company called Proxpro Inc. ( Prompt is an AT&T certified solution; approved by BlackBerry App World for all carriers in the USA and has won 2 awards, best enterprise app at Location 2.0 (Sept 2008) and best app Andrew Seybold's Innovation Rally (Mar 2009).

Any questions please contact me

Julian Bourne
    CEO and Founder
    Proxpro Inc.
    julianbourne"at sign"