I just purchased a BlackBerry 8320 that was used. Phone is good shape except for ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Corbishley no está en línea Stack level 2

Replacment Lens

Advertisement

I just purchased a BlackBerry 8320 that was used. Phone is good shape except for a few small scratches on the screen. I've seen replacement lens on ebay but I'm wondering how challenging it is to replace. I certainly do not want to mess up the phone. Are there special tools you need, or is it easy to pop it off and pop the new one in? Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks!

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7
    Haven't replaced it myself but it does say that it includes mounting adhesive on most sites.

VETT98 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    friends
    just google blackberry take apart and pda.com has a take apart video on all phones<
    Mike

jaesternbach no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b04967
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I have done this with previous bbs and let me tell you something, if your a perfectionist like myself then DON'T do it! I did it and fealt everything was easily done - no. First of all, the bb shell/case wouldn't close all the way anymore. Second, unless you have a lint and dirt free work space, you will have little pieces of fuzz under your screen. It sucks!

Trust me, live with the scratches. It's better then the outcome you'll get with trying to replace the screen.

If you really want to do it,perhaps see if someone at a cell phone store can do it for you. They will have the proper tools and stuff.

daveyboi no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via Dave's Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~You could always buy a complete housing. Just an option

jstplnfrank no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA472F
    If you're talking about replacing just the lens and not the actual screen, its very simple, and can look like it's never been replaced.

I have replaced a few 8700 lens, and when I bought the lens on ebay, it came with an opening tool. I would def suggest getting one of those.
    Its just an adhesive backing that you set into place and press down after removing the old one.
    And I would suggest using gloves to avoid fingerprints on the lens. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

wassona no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2439fbe3
    go to cnn.cn and they have the screens for the curves

jstplnfrank no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AA472F
    They have the lens on Ebay for around $14 shipped with an opening tool, not a bad deal.