Hi, I just recently got a complete housing replacement from cnn.cn and I was wondering ... BlackBerry Curve forum

buckfifty no está en línea Stack level 1

Replacing the midplate?

Advertisement

Hi, I just recently got a complete housing replacement from cnn.cn and I was wondering how do i replace the midplate? The original one contains some circuity while the new one does not.

thanks

cinematicmatt no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    304D28C7
    if you look for cnn.cn on youtube, they have a pretty comprehensive video list of taking apart most bbs and other smartphones. take a gander there.

what device is it for?

i'm sure there are just a couple of screws to take off the "motherboard" that you're just not seeing...

buckfifty no está en línea Stack level 1
    it's for the 8320 and i've seen the videos. it goes through taking it apart but nothing about replacing the midplate with the new one. the midplate is the part that the motherboard sits on top and contains the loudspeaker, antenna, battery connector, etc.

thanks for your help though...

KINE999 no está en línea Stack level 1
    i also need to change my mid plate and i ll recieve it from cnn.cn, mycurve falled and the midplate is scratched, thank for your help

liquidsense no está en línea Stack level 2
    Did either of you succesfully swap out the midplate? I have the midplate now, and I'm fairly certain that I can swap out the parts, but some areas are causing me concern. For example, under the foam padding near the top, there is some black and white sticker that looks almost as if it is some type of circuitry. But I cannot tell.

How did you remove the foam? Cnn suggested that I slightly heat the area to assist in removing the foam.