Hey y'all...I've cruised the forums and can't really find a "specific" answer to this question, ... BlackBerry Curve forum

RyanGSanders no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Replacing my stolen 8310

Advertisement

Hey y'all...I've cruised the forums and can't really find a "specific" answer to this question, so here goes...

My 8310 was stolen out of my truck and I need to replace it. Since I don't really need the GPS functionality offered by AT&T, I was thinking about getting an 8320 and unlocking it to use it on the AT&T network. I do need the phone pretty quick, so I was going to just buy it locally.

Now, the question is, can I unlock it to use it on AT&T (the rep at AT&T said I could probably "get whatever phone I wanted" since they were giving me a new SIM card); are there any known issues with using an unlocked 8320 on AT&T's network and how do I go about doing this.

ANY assistance and input would be greatly appreciated...even if it means just telling me to go buy another 8310 and live with it ;-)

Thanks!!
    Ryan

MOskins no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hey Ryan,

I have an unlocked 8320 and have been using it on AT&T for several months now. A bunch of Stackers recommend Adam at GSM phone source. It took a little less than 24hrs to get the code and it worked on the first try.

One issue, major for some people, not that big for me, is with MMS. The MMS service is spotty and may not even work for you. I can receive MMS all day, but I have issues sending them out, or even replying to one sent to me.

Other than that I have no complaints.