Has anyone ever replaced the midplate on their Curve? I just purchased a full housing ... BlackBerry Curve forum

liquidsense no está en línea Stack level 2

Replacing Midplate; Circuitry

Advertisement

Has anyone ever replaced the midplate on their Curve? I just purchased a full housing online, and noticed that the replacement midplate is bare. In other words, the existing circuitry and component parts on the current midplate are nonexistent on the replacement piece.

Some of those pieces include the speakerphone, antenna, battery prongs/wires, foam padding, and various other delicate circuitries. None of these are included in the replacement. However, it appears that they are all removable and transferable (with extreme care and skill) from the current piece.

Has anyone tried? Either way, I'm going to go for it tonight and see what happens. Wish me luck!
    Last edited by liquidsense; 09-02-2008 at 04:58 PM.

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    good luck man hope it goes well and easily for
    DON'T SLIP!!
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey

Denisenicole no está en línea Stack level 3
    Why do you want to replace the midplate? If yours is fine and functioning then I wouldn't trouble anything. Just replace the faceplate, sides and doors. Also does the new midplate have the antenna - that greenish circuitry looking thingy at the bottom? If not then I suggest you do not attempt it at all.

liquidsense no está en línea Stack level 2
    Already made the swap. My midplate was severely damaged when the phone took a nasty drop. Then I started picking away at the rubberized coating of the exposed piece -- until it looked terrible.

I posted some pictures of the swap-out in another thread:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...51&postcount=8

Denisenicole no está en línea Stack level 3
    Glad you managed everything without harm. I could handle everything else but the antennae, I'd freak. Kudos to you

luciferseamus no está en línea Device Pro
    Really glad it all worked out for you man!!
    i'd have been WAY to afraid to do that.
    lol
    "If you ever lose your keys in a river of molten lava, let 'em go, cus' man, they're gone!!"-Jack Handey