after 4 weeks of waiting, i finally got a new housing from cnn. though i ... BlackBerry Curve forum

schumacher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256F471E

replacing housing

Advertisement

after 4 weeks of waiting, i finally got a new housing from cnn. though i ordered for a red one, i got a titanium one. replacing the housing was not as easy as i thought it would be. it wasnt just opening the phone up and putting the new housing on. the inside of the back housing has many components attached to it like the flash light, speaker, battery charging contacts and a whole lot of circuitry stuck on like stickers. in the whole excitement, i was reckless and i managed to tear one of the circuits into two I managed to put it all back into the new housing. everything works now excet gps. I dont wanna spend money on a new bb. Can i buy the gps circuit alone? cnn doesnt have it. any leads would be really helpful.

thejonio no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: replacing housing

off topic. whats the name of the site you ordered the housing from? do they accept paypal?

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

www.CNN.CN is the site how the crap did you manage to break the GPS. the case replacement should be pretty simple lol. in anser to your question. if you have to solder it you probably cant purchase it that easy

FroggyStyle no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by jeffallen8 View Post
    www.CNN.CN is the site how the crap did you manage to break the GPS. the case replacement should be pretty simple lol. in anser to your question. if you have to solder it you probably cant purchase it that easy

Have you done it ?

Not as easy as you would think, like he said there compenets that are taped to the case and so forth, needless to say it is not as easy as just to 4 screws..

Also has he said, he had puchased the case through cnn.cn and they dont have what he is looking for.

PIN/ID
    Huh?

the cnn.cn was for TheJonio, also yeah i have taken mine apart more than a few time lol. the best way to do it is to get a zip tie a slide it along the face plate releasing the top cover, once that is off everything falls apart.

esasmiz no está en línea Stack level 1

i know this is off topic but...Is there Any Differance Between 8300, 8310, and 8320 As far as housing. For example can i use the gold 8320 housing on my 8300??? thanks

PIN/ID
    Huh?

i wonder that to

FroggyStyle no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by esasmiz View Post
    i know this is off topic but...Is there Any Differance Between 8300, 8310, and 8320 As far as housing. For example can i use the gold 8320 housing on my 8300??? thanks
    I am not 100% sure , however I think they are all the same. I do know that the 8310 housing is the same as the 8320.

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5

Quote Originally Posted by FroggyStyle View Post
    I am not 100% sure , however I think they are all the same. I do know that the 8310 housing is the same as the 8320.

I currently own a 8310 with a 8300 housing. Based on what FroggyStyle said, if the 8310 housing is the same as the 8320... and based on what I have (a 8310 with the 8300 housing), then all the housing for the Curves are the same. Deductive reasoning.

esasmiz no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks alot Guys... Very helpful.. I purchased one and it works great looks goo too..

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Okay, got my housing kit from CNN a couple weeks ago, but after reading the first post in this thread I got a little apprehensive about just diving in and trying to open everything up! I got the whole replacement housing, but decided I'm just going to replace the faceplate as the screen is really the only noticable damage to the device.

I know Jeff mentioned sliding a zip tie along the faceplate to open it up, but if there are others of you who have been through this process, I'd appreciate any and all advice with regard to how to go about doing it without tearing it to shreds as our first poster did!

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by schumacher View Post
    after 4 weeks of waiting, i finally got a new housing from cnn. though i ordered for a red one, i got a titanium one. replacing the housing was not as easy as i thought it would be. it wasnt just opening the phone up and putting the new housing on. the inside of the back housing has many components attached to it like the flash light, speaker, battery charging contacts and a whole lot of circuitry stuck on like stickers. in the whole excitement, i was reckless and i managed to tear one of the circuits into two I managed to put it all back into the new housing. everything works now excet gps. I dont wanna spend money on a new bb. Can i buy the gps circuit alone? cnn doesnt have it. any leads would be really helpful.

I think that since everything is connected to one another, you may have to buy the whole circuit board inside. I don't know where you could get one, but I could ask around and then post what I find. Otherwise, you may need to go back to your carrier if you have insurance and get one through them.