Ok so my track ball was getting dirty, brown, ugly with a build up of ... BlackBerry Curve forum

tiger123sw no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24207ab3

Replacement Track Ball Assembly

Advertisement

Ok so my track ball was getting dirty, brown, ugly with a build up of oils.
    I was going to take it apart as per a post here in the stacks, but I found this place that sells the assembly for $12 .. So for 12 bucks I thought WTH and ordered two.
    It does come from Hong Kong I only put the $5 standard shipping on it and it did show up in about 10 days.
    They claim it is an OEM track ball however it does not feel like the one that came in my 8320 at all. As fellow stackers have observed / complained about the 8320s TB being “grindy”, rough, “lose” not smooth as in the 8100s
    This replacement might be an OEM (maybe it is an 8100 OEM) but is VERY smooth and gives a completely different feel to my 8320. I like it a lot.

I would like to say I recommend it highly but I have been using it for only about 5 hours… lets see how I feel as time goes by.
    After the replacement I did clean my old assembly with out removing the ball and rollers. I just put in an alcohol soak wile rolling the ball from time to time .. Took it out and hit it with some caned air. This solved the oily build up problem, lightened the ball somewhat and gave it its original “grindy” feel back.
    http://cnn.cn/shop/blackberry-81xx83...ll-p-1857.html

BluesDrive no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241BC149

Re: Replacement Track Ball Assembly

If you look at cnn, it says replacement track ball for 8100/8300/8800. So it's meant to be smooth.